Reminder Secure

everything thats wrong with the world

04 November 2012 10:39
rattusratus
Model

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2045016/Raccoon-dogs-skinned-alive-make-cheap-copies-Ugg-boots.html

http://features.peta.org/ChineseFurFarms/

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/animal-rights/graphic-pictures-and-video-raccoon-dogs-skinned-alive-make-fake-ugg-boots

there are millions of these articals which a few of the animal rights activist will know about that but many people dont

a 'friend' of mine was proudly displaying her bargin boots on facebook and telling everyone to buy a pair, when i pointed out the link to her assuming she didnt know this and her response was

'thats life rats, theses things happen. im not saying i dont give a rattusratus is a naughty person cause i do but at the end of the day.... its not gonna be stopped is it, am i a bad person for liking these boots!? along with the rest of the world who also like them? yes? then oh rattusratus is a naughty person well frown'

its attitudes like this that are ruining the world, in this case it littrally killing puppies in a brutal way just to save a bit of money, these dog are now almost extinct and peoples attitude is well i wanted some furry boots  i cry for humanity 

surly you dont have to be a hippy or animal activist etc... to see the barbaric crulty in this and to know its wrong - i know alot of people eat meat, wear leather and so on but i though as a race we had a special bond with dogs (to the point where people class them as family) but there still happy to see them tortured for the sake of saving a bit of money on the latest fashion item

rant over
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

04 November 2012 11:45
Bella0012
Model

Totally agree with you. Nothing wrong with synthetic materials anyway.
I think a lot of people only care when it suits them.

Sadly I think its very difficult to live in this world without using animals in a bad way, its a shame.

Chrissie Red is off-line
04 November 2012 11:49
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Did your friend actually buy dog fur boots? have they been tested?

I've had people link me to sites like the above when I've been wearing faux fur from oasis/newlook type shops in the past.
I even had people send me links to underage/underpaid overseas sweat shops when I bought a bridal dress on ebay from China.
It does rattle my cage a little if I'm honest, do I want to be preached to about something which has nothing to do with me - no.

Different countries have different cultures, it doesn't make them any less horrific but it happens. If you were born an eskimo 60 years ago would you have left your child to die of starvation or hypothermia because you don't believe in killing for animal fur or meat? - no because you would have been brought up to make do with the resources around you.

I love animals, I hate cruelty to them but one person being made to regret a buying a pair of shoes which may or may not have been made out of dog fur isn't going to stop the people at the top who are doing this. I don't think people are "happy" to see the animals suffer cruelty. Not every fake pair of uggs are made in this way infact I bet its a very tiny small percentage you never know maybe ugg themselves are happy to publicise this because it may put people off buying a fake pair, just like not every item of clothing made over seas is done so by children working 18 hour days and being paid 5p.

Purestorm wont help you, just like facebook doesn't help those who spam my page with pictures of animals being beaten/starved or skinned alive. Maybe join an organisation which does something to help. Perhaps the RSPCA or a local dog/cat shelter as there is plenty of animals in this country suffering at the hands of cruel owners which need our help too.

Frank Sinnott is off-line
04 November 2012 11:54
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

In the world we live in this will not stop. As a species we're far to greedy to change our ways. Wish I had more hope but I don't. All I can do is my best and be conscious of the cruelty that exists and not be part of it. I hate these boots how ever they are produced and more so that the fakes are produced in such a barbaric way.

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
04 November 2012 16:06
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

After watching the videos words absolutely fail me. In future I will do my very best to make sure I buy nothing of Chinese origin, difficult I know but I will do my best. Sometimes so called humanity makes me want to puke.
How hard can it be?

Angel3 is off-lineSilver Member
04 November 2012 17:41
angelique110
Model
angelique110
West Sussex
worthing

People are cruel...
I think that a lot of individuals are very selfish. They don't have the ability to sympathise or empathise with anything they don't understand (animals cannot talk, so these sorts of people simply assume they are inferior.)
This sort of thing makes me angry, sad and I lose faith in humanity a little bit more.
I found out in a TV commercial there are only 3000 tigers left in the world due to them being poached.
I think these sorts of people find it difficult to realise that animals + objects are two different things, and although an animal may not be able to verbally communicate pain, they may very well be going through it.

04 November 2012 18:23
BaileyK
Model

Something to make you smile.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227639/James-Bowen-Best-selling-true-story-busker-got-life-track-thanks-stray-cat-film.html

BOB THE KITTAY KAT

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
04 November 2012 18:42
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

I would say that everything that is wrong with the world is that we are happy to ignore the effects of our actions on others.

This is merely an exmple.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Chrissie Red is off-line
04 November 2012 18:47
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from BaileyK
Something to make you smile. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227639/James-Bowen-Best-selling-true-story-busker-got-life-track-thanks-stray-cat-film.html BOB THE KITTAY KAT

I got the book for my birthday, I actually cried at the end was a lovely story, well worth a read!

x

04 November 2012 20:17
rattusratus
Model

Quote from BaileyK
Something to make you smile. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227639/James-Bowen-Best-selling-true-story-busker-got-life-track-thanks-stray-cat-film.html BOB THE KITTAY KAT

i might have to buy that

when i was little my mam worked for a food hygine company and the found a little ginger feral kitten that had got stuck between some machinery and it was going to be put down so my mam brought it home - he was the best pet anyone could ask for so loving and sweet, the cat in the story sounds just like him frown
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
freddie lester2705