Reminder Secure

Why can you only sell one item at a time in the swap shop?

This thread is currently locked
Holmax is off-line
02 November 2012 10:08
Holmax
Photographer
Holmax
East Yorkshire
Hull

I've got around twenty five photography items (camera's, lenses etc) that I want to sell as I'm upgrading to a full frame set up.
I just went onto the swap shop part of the forum and checked the guidlines and it says I can only sell one item at a time.
Can a moderator please tell me why this is?
It seems a bit daft to me as it also says you can only list one item until it is sold. Going on that rate it's probably going to take me until 2020 to get rid of it all.

www.holmax.com

Megan Reynolds is off-line
02 November 2012 10:26
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
Bristol
Bristol

To many people were abusing the system and selling multiple items to multiple people, thus making it harder to know that they were scamming folks... Myself and a few other photographers got done for a few thousand pounds (which thankfully I managed to get back) and the mods put this in place to at least reduce the risk.

Holmax is off-line
02 November 2012 10:34
Holmax
Photographer
Holmax
East Yorkshire
Hull

Ahh, right.
It would have been good for that to have been explained in the guidelines, unless I missed that part.
Moderator Input
Explaining in fine detail why a Guideline has been implemented can give clues to perpetrators / copycats
as to what the (not necessarily obvious) problem is and how they might perpetrate a similar con and
being too precise in the wording can draw attention to possible loopholes we might not have spotted
Most Rules & Guidelines exist to protect the site and its members and are introduced to curb identified problems.
www.holmax.com

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
02 November 2012 10:41
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

You also had people at one point making 10,000 posts a week trying to sell all their junk - it clogged the place up a bit to say the least.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 Brightonblonde heather94 lynnesel tim toniallcorn
ad360photo azurphotos bsmithesq clarmike Creativedge david1500 freddie gordon gshocker30 jackw Jb3329 keltica markeos50d Mattcairns metro MIB moritz78 peteb philippahh poah skymouse snooper911 Steveh32 TinDolls
tim