Reminder Secure

Medium fails scientific test, but says 'it proves nothing'

31 October 2012 17:00
paule
Photographer

Is there anybody there.... nah, that'll be a £10 please...

A scientific experiment has found that two mediums were unable to demonstrate that they had special psychic powers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-20145664

Ms Putt said the experiment was designed to confirm the researchers' preconceptions - rather than examine the nature of her psychic ability.

"Scientists are very closed-minded," she said. ( those scientists... with all those questions, just so closed minded.. can't they just accept her word for it!! ) .... cant

Gerry is off-line
31 October 2012 17:07
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

If I had these "powers", I would use them for something really usefull - I would seek out scientists, who could then learn how to harness them to make a meaningful contribution to the world or to my standard of living or prefereably both.

Funny how all these people with these "powers" choose to sell them to those that are succeptable to believing and parting with small amounts of cash. Cannot think this is the most rewarding way to make use of these unique talents unless of course, anybody else would spot they are charletans and they would have to get a real job
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Dylan Harries is off-line
01 November 2012 05:05
DWHphotography
Photographer
DWHphotography
West Glamorgan
SWANSEA

Don't you think these scientist should be paid to be doing something more constructive ? Researching for a cure for cancer or aids or any other serious life threatening illness?
Lets waste money on testing people's psychic powers (or lack of)..... for the advancement of the human race .
Scientists get money for nothing just as much as these 'psychics' do.

http://www.inquisitr.com/30289/10-of-the-strangest-scientific-studies/

Paul Hodson is off-line
01 November 2012 05:21
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from DWHphotography
Don't you think these scientist should be paid to be doing something more constructive ? Researching for a cure for cancer or aids or any other serious life threatening illness?

I guess there is not a lot of point in asking the Anomalistic Psychology Research Unit to research cancer!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Holmax is off-line
01 November 2012 06:14
Holmax
Photographer
Holmax
East Yorkshire
Hull

I want to know why you never see the headline 'psychic wins lottery'.
www.holmax.com

01 November 2012 06:20
paule
Photographer

Quote from Holmax
I want to know why you never see the headline 'psychic wins lottery'.

I knew someone was going to say that.. wink

Ellesse Photography is off-lineSilver Member
01 November 2012 06:47
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

If they were truly "psychic", surely they would have forseen themselves failing the test, so avoided taking it.

Ken Pegg is off-line
01 November 2012 08:21
kenp
Photographer
kenp
Dorset
Weymouth

Not that I believe in any of that tosh, but I don't think 'psychics' claim to predict the future. People seem to be confusing them with 'fortune tellers' which makes some of these glib comments rather silly.

Ellesse Photography is off-lineSilver Member
01 November 2012 08:50
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

Quote from kenp
Not that I believe in any of that tosh, but I don't think 'psychics' claim to predict the future. People seem to be confusing them with 'fortune tellers' which makes some of these glib comments rather silly.

Not at all, my sister in law goes to see these so called psycics, and they constantly tell her what she can expect in the future (non of which as ever happened)

01 November 2012 09:18
Jackass
Photographer

Quote from EllessePhotography
Not at all, my sister in law goes to see these so called psycics, and they constantly tell her what she can expect in the future (non of which as ever happened)

Bet she didn't expect that!
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
android_man Antz dby47 flair_photography Pval Steveh32