Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
01 November 2012 08:12
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from River
the current inability of time or funds to travel is limiting what I can do.

That little nutshell is the root of most people's problems at the moment. Given time it will probably go away again.

I'm so busy ensuring I keep the low returns work churning over that I cannot afford to do travel-related photography work, which though better paid is not as financially stable as it was a few years ago, takes up a disproportionate chunk of time to accomplish, and has considerably higher cost implications when self-funding.

I am just about to photograph a boring fabric sample to help pay the rent when I would much rather be shooting Spanish beach tapas under natural light on the Costa de la Luz, but on the positive side I'm not stacking shelves on the Asda nightshift so life ain't that bad yet.

Bob

diipii is off-line
01 November 2012 15:02
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

You are young, pretty and have a brain and a career.
You have nothing to get stressed about.
It only happens all the time.

01 November 2012 15:20
bravepioneer
Photographer

Quote from River
Really Hazel? You to? I hope things bump up for us in the new year. I know If I was a photographer I'd rather spend my money on xmas presents instead of models at this time of the year. Some things are more important

If you work for professional photographers, rather than amatuers, this is never an issue. The real commercial world doesn't think 'saving up for Xmas presents', it's irrelevant. This is maybe where you're going wrong. Up your game if you want more work. Plenty out there, especially for someone as pretty as yourself.

Ellie Ellis is off-line
02 November 2012 07:15
ellieellis
Photographer
ellieellis
Bristol
Bristol

I would jump at the chance to shoot with you if distance were not an obstacle, sadly though Photography is a hobby for me and finances mean I am stuck in the land of TF shoots only
A woman who spends time with a photographer, always ends up exposed!

Suzy Monty is off-line
02 November 2012 10:19
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Depends HOW MUCH interest you want...

If I were in your position, then first I would suggest using the search facility on Purestorm to find photographers in your area who might suit your levels and then message them accordingly to see if they would be interested in working with you.

Or, simply put up a relative casting.

Are there local publications in your area to which you might be suited...there might be a magazine or newspaper that has a fashion or beauty feature and crying out for new models. They don't always use agency models. They can't afford to. Your rates are very reasonable or you might consider offering TFP just to obtain the initial publicity for yourself.

Bridal, would be a good start, the shows use amateur models a lot.

Look at local Yellow Pages/Thomson Loca lPages - sometimes professional photographers need models for Stock Photography...start being a female Sherlock Holmes because there are leads all over the place - look everywhere for work. I did, when I was your age.

Sometimes local dress shops need models - enquire around. Maybe get some picture model cards printed cheaply with a contact number or email address.

Enter a Carnival Queen contest for max local publicity... or  few beauty contests and with your good looks,  win them...that's how I started modelling...

Local professional artists are always on the look out for a good model..Google them...

No need to raise your modelling levels, if it's going to harm your nursing career, for as you say modelling is just a part-time hobby.

To get interest, then sometimes, one has to create it - marketing is the tool, as a model is key to success. Don't sit on your best feature moaning there's nothing about, get Networking and get the interest. Professional models do that all the time.

Like I said at the start...depends how MUCH interest you want...with nursing studies and exams, you might not have that much time to model anyway...

And...

Your face is too beautiful to be sad...

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Rus Turner is off-line
02 November 2012 13:06
Rus_Turner
Photographer
Rus_Turner
Hampshire
Southampton

I'd love to shoot you , distance is the problem for me
Note to self: ALWAYS remember that many people on forums are too DUMB to understand discussive argument without ONLY hearing what they want to hear!..LOL

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carliegomez24 Katieann1
AaronKent Davidhunt dby47 Foxwellphoto George99 jccj1 Kjoservices nickdandalos Platidonio redbaron skymouse Spiritofwales stevegosh Thunder_Photos