Reminder Secure

Lack of interest (sad face)

This thread is being watched by 1 person
31 October 2012 12:31
River
Model

Hi all,

I'm not feeling very happy with my modelling hobby at the moment. It seems that, for whatever reason, the amount of interest I have been getting is at an all time low. I don't know whether this is the same for all models, or whether it is down to me as an inidividual. I still enjoy modelling, but the current inability of time or funds to travel is limiting what I can do. I'd love to know what is putting photographers off of shooting me. I understand I'm not the tallest, slimmest or prettiest model, so is there anything can I do to bump up the interest, or is it purely the reccession and lack of desirability?
Need some advice please, feeling very down!
River
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Paul Hodson is off-line
31 October 2012 12:44
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Probably the times. You are cheap (!) and good so I can't imagine why you are struggling. Obviously growing a few inches would help but you are pretty and hardly a clunker! Of course moving would help too
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Full Circle Studio is off-line
31 October 2012 12:45
Full_Circle_Studio
Studio
Full_Circle_Studio
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

OK as I see it you have a very nice look and you are certainly very pretty and would suit beauty images very well, I think the main reason for lack of interest is most probably down to work levels.

Paul Hodson is off-line
31 October 2012 12:47
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Full_Circle_Studio
OK as I see it you have a very nice look and you are certainly very pretty and would suit beauty images very well, I think the main reason for lack of interest is most probably down to work levels.

I am sure that is right too but there are those of us who work to similar levels and at her rates might well be prepared to pay even if we normally shoot TF
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

toast is off-line
31 October 2012 12:56
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

I'd definately be happy to work with river based on her levels... For me photography is a hobby and I've been struggling to find time to get out and shoot

Full Circle Studio is off-line
31 October 2012 12:57
Full_Circle_Studio
Studio
Full_Circle_Studio
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from mph

I am sure that is right too but there are those of us who work to similar levels and at her rates might well be prepared to pay even if we normally shoot TF

But the truth is on this site your photography levels are in the minority, and for a photographer shooting lower levels is a massive plus as it opens up the whole modelling community to you, having restrictive levels as a model is a massive negative, it's harsh but it is the truth!

31 October 2012 13:07
River
Model

Quote from Full_Circle_Studio
But the truth is on this site your photography levels are in the minority, and for a photographer shooting lower levels is a massive plus as it opens up the whole modelling community to you, having restrictive levels as a model is a massive negative, it's harsh but it is the truth!

I completely understand this, and maybe I would generate more interest if I upped my levels. I'm afraid though, as a student nurse, it's a bit of a no-go!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Scott Morgan is off-line
31 October 2012 13:08
Scottmorgan
Photographer
Scottmorgan
Somerset
Bristol

I would love to work with you but your a bit of a trek away
Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Beachview is off-line
31 October 2012 13:13
BeachView
Photographer
BeachView
Cambridgeshire
Cambridge

Well on positive note, I'm planning to shoot with you in next week or two. you are pretty and very desirable. However, it's a sign of difficult economy. The studio I shoot from had to cancel a studio day recently with a very popular model because of lack of interest. The model in question works to higher levels then yours so its not always about levels.

Melvyn Pettit is off-line
31 October 2012 13:15
MelPet
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

River, I'd love to shoot with you, I even offered to pay your train fare, but I got no reply... The offer was made on a different site though.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
A24udis alishaa angeleyes777 DanielleWxx Twinkletoes1107
azurphotos Bristoltalent BryanR Cms4150 flipcourt FreelanceBadger Jamesrichards johntisbury Juliankruse Ladiesman ownimage parafotos paulq photostevo psn Ramires77 rscott360 Rupert skymouse TonyNutley Willjamieson
harbourstudio