Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
31 October 2012 03:41
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from tonycsm
If a person believes in fairies, are they less sane than someone who believes in a god?

Depends if they're wearing boots or not (the fairies)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Mickey is off-line
31 October 2012 03:49
mikethefoto
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
mikethefoto
Worcestershire

Quote from PhilMairs
I don't know. I am proud that I can say that, it's people who admit that who question, seek answers, theorise and test until they do. Science. Others make stuff up. Some people believe it! Hey some people live their lives by it, die for it or kill for it. It some cases it can be a serious threat to civilised society. So im Sorry...my inability to explain the origins of the universe does not lend credibility to the existence of pixies. Does it bother me? Sometimes yes. Last week science dropped a man from the edge of space to land safely on his feet, while religion and superstition shot a 14 yr old girl in the head for wanting to go to school. An extreme example but no less true.

Nice comment, fully agree with everything you said.

Tony Stephenson is off-line
31 October 2012 08:24
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from PhilMairs
I don't think anyone ever flew planes into buildings because of a belief in fairies .....

Maybe that's why they aren't taken seriously!wink

www.le-femme.co.uk

theperfectgentleman is off-line
31 October 2012 16:51
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

This is an interesting post, to get a true horoscope you would need to get a proper reading done.
But an interesting source of information on people is a book called “The Secret Language of Birthdays” isbn 0-00-719130-8.
I believe that it is used and recommended by a lot of therapists who use talking skills to help others.
It is recond to be in excess of 70% correct in character and personality traits.
Its great fun to have and produce when a party is flagging and get people to read out their page.
Also get peoples birthday and be pre armed at what to expect when you meet.

Phil_M is off-line
01 November 2012 04:07
Phil_M
Photographer
Phil_M
Greater Manchester
Stockport

Quote from theperfectgentleman
This is an interesting post, to get a true horoscope you would need to get a proper reading done.
But an interesting source of information on people is a book called “The Secret Language of Birthdays” isbn 0-00-719130-8.
I believe that it is used and recommended by a lot of therapists who use talking skills to help others.
It is recond to be in excess of 70% correct in character and personality traits.
Its great fun to have and produce when a party is flagging and get people to read out their page.
Also get peoples birthday and be pre armed at what to expect when you meet.

A true horoscope?

That has to be up there with military intelligence as an oxymoron.

A bit of fun, maybe but this stuff still belongs in the fiction section or at least filed under G for gullible.selling this as fact or charging people money claiming to be offering them something fake in return for money is comitting fraud as far as I'm concerned. If they offer a service they hould be made to make it absolutely clear that its for entertainment purposes only. No actual magic involved!

Here's everyone's horoscope

You have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Your sexual adjustment has presented problems for you. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Security is one of your major goals in life

I've just saved you £10.

Jenny Wren is off-line
01 November 2012 15:27
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

It used to be an offence, punishable by death, to cast the horoscope of a member of the Royal family. Fact.

I don't actually know my starsign - I'm on the cusp of two, and can be either dependent on which magazine etc I pick up.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

Paul Hodson is off-line
01 November 2012 16:00
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from JennyWren
I'm on the cusp of two, and can be either dependent on which magazine etc I pick up.

Great - either double the chance of it/them being right - or choose the one that you like better!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

01 November 2012 18:22
Tansy_Blue
Model

Quote from JennyWren
It used to be an offence, punishable by death, to cast the horoscope of a member of the Royal family. Fact.

I don't actually know my starsign - I'm on the cusp of two, and can be either dependent on which magazine etc I pick up.

Same. I'm either Capricorn or Aquarius. But I like goats better than water carriers and my mum's an Aquarius, so I always say I'm a Capricorn (who wants to be like their mum, hey?). It does confuse me how the goat is often portrayed as half fish though.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

11 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bane711 Blancho George99 iestyn photofrank photostevo Platidonio sammylhel siclews Steveh32 viewphotographic