This thread is being watched by 1 person
Sarah Graziella is off-line
30 October 2012 06:21
sarahm
Model

Surrey

Hello everyone,

hope your having a good day?.
i have a question may be a stupid one but still i will ask.
now i have had two lovely children one 8years the other 7months,i've been very lucky and have gone back to my normal self body.
I want to go back into the modeling world but i have had mixed feelings due to people saying you have kids you shouldn't do it.others just trying to put me down saying i'm fat and to ugly and so on (but to be honest calling me names don't bother me just makes me wanna do more i have put new pictures of me up and to be honest i don't think i've changed?.
what i'm trying to say is are there other yummy mummys out there that got work with modeling? even tho they have had kids? are the photographers still interested with women who have had kids?
sorry if any one get offended by this post i just want to know if i have a good chance or not xxxxxxx

photo_phil is off-line
30 October 2012 06:26
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

Looking at your photos I'd have no problem working with you if you were close enough.
I've worked with a lot of moms and the only problem is arranging reliable childcare.

Cassie "Classy" is off-line
30 October 2012 06:26
classy_cassie
Model
classy_cassie
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

Personally I don't see any problem with you still modelling as long as you can balance being a mother with doing shoots then why not!?

X
Failure is not an option <3

Ed is off-line
30 October 2012 06:29
For_Arts_Sake
Photographer

Somerset

Honest opinion? Looking at your portfolio, it would be a damn shame if you didn't carry on modelling!

There's a model in Somerset who is 44, has 6 kids and looks fantastic. Do what works for you, don't worry about other people's opinions.

30 October 2012 06:31
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Only one way to find out for sure:

Create a casting.

You'll need to upgrade first though if you're after paid work.

Good luck

30 October 2012 06:32
rattusratus
Model

i have a son who is nearly 4... i was back modelling 4 weeks after giving birth (although just as a hobby)

all my images are post baby
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

30 October 2012 06:42
Buddygb
Photographer

Can you model: yes, your portfolio shows that very clearly.

Should you model: also yes. If you enjoy it and derive both some income and pleasure from it then do it.

As a photographer I am not put off by the fact a model has children as long as adequate measures are taken regarding childcare during shoots.

B.
Currently seeking new and interesting TF collaborations. B.

toast is off-line
30 October 2012 06:52
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

Definately yes - keep on modelling. You look stunning in your recent images

John Adrian Studios is off-line
30 October 2012 06:53
John_Adrian_Studios
Photographer
John_Adrian_Studios
Powys
Brecon

The answer is very clear  -  YES, YES, YES!
Any further questions?
cheeky

Sarah Graziella is off-line
30 October 2012 06:57
sarahm
Model

Surrey

thank you all for your messages. it's nice to know photographers are interested in working with women who have had children, and of course the children would be looked after childcare would be done.my kids always come first they are my world.
it's just some people are very forward with nasty comments these day. really i should let it go over my head as that can happen in the modeling world. i love to model i may not have the perfect body but it doe's make me feel sexy and me again ( takes me away from mother mode) and i feel me again.
i think i have answered my own question too ) it's time for me to get out there )

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jeff156156156
Cheshunt83 clarmike grahamsphotography JohnDentonPhoto mauricesimagery tms