DJ200 is off-line
30 October 2012 08:33
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
Hertfordshire

In reply to Bell0012:

Exactly.cheeky

In reply to Redchecker: Why should motorists have to pay more just because public transport is prohitively priced. Take out the shareholds slice, and it would be cheaper. I can't see the logic of what you are saying in the least. 

If we had a private hospital system only in this country, would that mean that the price of sticking plasters at the local chemist would have to rise just because the hospital wanted to charge more for them?

It's funny that public transport on the continent is considerably cheaper than in England....tells you something I think.

Peter Roach is off-lineGold Member
30 October 2012 09:30
flashysnapper
Photographer
flashysnapper
Staffordshire
burton on trent

If l had to rely on public transport l would not be able to do my job even though l live exactly 5miles away across town as it involves two changes of bus, takes a minimum of 1 1/4 hours and the service back does'nt run after 6pm and l don't finish work till 10pm.so major problem.

photo_phil is off-line
30 October 2012 10:19
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

It's all about income generation.
Successive governments want to raise as much money as possible to pay for what us, the electorate, use.
What they forget is we already pay to use the road network through road tax and massive fuel duty.

This would no doubt be above what we already pay.
There's no way of getting from A to B without using motorways and A roads.

I work a long way from home so there'd be no escaping the extra costs, even though the Government decided I was to work where I do.

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
30 October 2012 10:30
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from DJ200
It's funny that public transport on the continent is considerably cheaper than in England....tells you something I think.

Well yes and no. If you live in a large town or city in France, Holland or Germany (based on my personal experience)  you have great, affordable and integrated transport utilising buses, trains and trams. Move away from conurbations and the European experience is exactly the same as people have in the U.K.

It was broken when I got here

Pete Whelan is off-line
30 October 2012 12:18
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

no-one has mentioned the rise in the cost of living this will cause
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

diipii is off-line
01 November 2012 14:56
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

This and the waffle about wind farms is to mask the tiny announcement that a lot more nuclear power stations are on the way.
It only happens all the time.

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
charlotte_x Claretberet ElleLaura indiaxxx rob452 sacha4creative
Blancho claypaws cliffc Creativedge Darimages dhuntuk djb1 dorrian duncanjames eosfan Fashionphotography GlasgowPhotographer keltica Ladiesman laurencejpower MauricesImagery moritz78 oscar redbaron Robinsky rscott360 siclews Snooper911 Spiritofwales Steveh32