Reminder Secure

dry lips

28 October 2012 14:54
alshepherd
Model

at my work the air is really dry and I think its the time of year too, but I've tried lots of different lipsalves and no of them seem to make a difference. I also get alot of dead skin come up on my lips during the day, whats the best solution? x
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

28 October 2012 15:52
BaileyK
Model

Quote from alshepherd
at my work the air is really dry and I think its the time of year too, but I've tried lots of different lipsalves and no of them seem to make a difference. I also get alot of dead skin come up on my lips during the day, whats the best solution? x

Keep hydrated.

Crimson Photography is off-line
28 October 2012 16:18
CrimsonPhoto
Photographer
CrimsonPhoto
Grampian
Aberdeen

elizabeth arden 8 hour cream lip balm its amazin :P

Claire Shipman is off-line
31 October 2012 12:55
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Lucas Papaw ointment in a red tube available on the net and trust me the medication I used to be on used to make them crack and bleed but this stuff kept them hydrated for hours. Its a staple in my kit for dry lips.

31 October 2012 12:59
Kalygulina
Model

The Body Shop has a lip balm stick made from hemp. it works, lasts ages and is all natural.

beauvoir is off-line
01 November 2012 06:36
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Keep hydrated.
Rub an old, dry toothbrush over your lips to exfoliate.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
01 November 2012 07:48
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

I was taught the secret that desert nomads use to stop their lips blistering by my friend Carol 'Caz' Cooney, who is reputed to be the best female off-road driver in the Middle East and has spent many years exploring the Empty Quarter and Djebels of Abu Dhabi and Oman relying on her driving and survival skills.

According to Caz, first thing in the morning before mounting their camels the nomads make their steeds kneel down by tugging with their right hand on the bridle while at the same time gently lifting the tail of the Ship of the Desert  and quickly kissing the little chocolate starfish underneath.

This doesn't cure the problem but it sure stops them licking their lips.

Bob

Cassie "Classy" is off-line
01 November 2012 11:00
classy_cassie
Model
classy_cassie
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

I often put suger in my Vaseline and scrub my lips then scrub with a toothbrush ...then just put some lip balm on! Works for me and I have big lips xx
Failure is not an option <3

10 December 2012 14:11
CarolineAlexander
Model

I understand where you're coming from as the air in my work is really dry too, and combined with the harsh cold weather my skin gets really dry too! Use a rich moisturiser, exfoliate regularly and use lots of vaseline on your lips - works for me!

Laura Jo is off-line
10 December 2012 14:30
Neonpink
Model
This member has been suspended
Neonpink
Greater Manchester
Manchester

I swear by Carmex! 1000x better than vaseline and I dont even need to exfoliate my lips with anything. This is coming from someone who constantly had horrible dry lips and couldnt get away with wearing most lipsticks because of it. Ive got the cherry one that comes in a little pot, plus its dead cheap which is a bonus!

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa ElleLaura Emmaheron GLORIA_S missloulou
bob22 clarmike digitizer djb1 j_project James7799 johnmphoto Kjoservices MIB photostevo redbaron Rscott360 Steveh32 xposed
harbourstudio Lensmaster