Reminder Secure

Anyone suffer with colitis?!

This thread is being watched by 2 people
26 October 2012 10:08
Nel05
Model

No, it's nothing to do with eating habbits. It's sadly just one of them things, if your prone to it (passed on through family) you can't help it.

Also bleeding from the bottom is normal, but there are fluids she can put up to help. Not 100% on the details, but I could find out if she isn't doing that already?

xx

beauvoir is off-line
26 October 2012 10:20
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Quote from Nel05
No, it's nothing to do with eating habbits. It's sadly just one of them things, if your prone to it (passed on through family) you can't help it.

Also bleeding from the bottom is normal, but there are fluids she can put up to help. Not 100% on the details, but I could find out if she isn't doing that already?

xx

With many people they go on an elimination diet because diet is everything to do with it.

Bleeding from your back passage is NOT normal and is a sign you should go to your doctor. It's a symptom, not a by-product, so get it checked out.

29 October 2012 11:44
Nel05
Model

Quote from beauvoir

Bleeding from your back passage is NOT normal and is a sign you should go to your doctor. It's a symptom

Sorry, I meant it's normal for that to be a symptom of colitis, but there are medications to combat that.

29 October 2012 12:03
River
Model

My mum has it, and I have IBS (which what hers started as...then progressed after she had my little brother). Mum finds food that contain a lot of fibre as well as spicy foods, tend to make it a lot worse and will cause her to be in pain and have loose feaces from about 12-48 hours after ingestion. It's not a very nice condition, mum found it helpful to keep a 'food diary' for a few weeks, to find out which foods aggrevated it, so she could cut them out of her diet. Very helpful at managing the symptoms.
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

29 October 2012 12:08
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Quote from BaileyK
She is getting really down about it.
Thinking its everything shes eating...

She runs last time it went mental her friend also got the toilets(Thats what I'll call it)
She got better quick and now mum thinks its running.
x

I had Crohn's diagnosed over 20 years ago. For me strenuous exercise, including running, will cause it to flare up but I've learnt to recognise the early signs of irritation and stop exercising in time to prevent it. If I'm stupid and carry on I'll be in crippling pain for 4-5 days.

What I eat is also an issue. No nuts or anything else that remains solid as it passes through the gut. Too much fibre also irritates it.

29 October 2012 12:17
Nel05
Model

I am going to pass the 'eating habbit' info on to my other half, clearly she needs to cut down on a few things.

Thanks ladies

beauvoir is off-line
29 October 2012 12:40
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Not necessarily. Diet never has played any part in my flare ups. Stress and alcohol do. Food doesn't affect my Crohn's.

38 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
astramore Cody Skylerlondon
63jian andyf antoinewynn Belemboo carshaltonkev casell Cheshunt83 chriscooze dby47 digitalheavens Dolayley firsttake freddie gkeesuk gshocker30 JK10001 john_at_tina_spice Jonathan52 liteangle Mantisphoto Matthieulefevre MauricesImagery moritz78 mrdl Rawandthecooked RupertRudd saturn933 shadowtime74 siclews spiritofwales stevegosh sweepman vapourtrail westend_portfolios
harbourstudio