Reminder Secure

Anyone suffer with colitis?!

This thread is being watched by 2 people
26 October 2012 05:56
BaileyK
Model

Hi guys, I didn't know off hand where else I could post this.. I was wondering if anyone suffered with colitis?! My mum does and she's going through a poop time at the moment and I was wondering if there was anyone/ anywhere you know she could chat to. You know someone who knows what she's going through! I can try but I think shed benefit from a chat with a fellow sufferer! Please <3 Much appreciated xxxx

jaejay is off-lineSilver Member
26 October 2012 06:23
jaejay
Photographer
jaejay
West Midlands
Birmingham

Fortunately I do not suffer from "Colitis". But if you "Google" "colitis forum" you will find a list of chatrooms, forums and help lines that deal with the subject.

Hope this is of help and that your mother soon improves.

26 October 2012 06:25
BaileyK
Model

Quote from jaejay
Fortunately I do not suffer from "Colitis". But if you "Google" "colitis forum" you will find a list of chatrooms, forums and help lines that deal with the subject. Hope this is of help and that your mother soon improves.

I guess so..
I was more hoping for a single person on here she could chat to..
I will pass on the forums I guess but she kind of gets wound up by them x

beauvoir is off-line
26 October 2012 06:52
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

I have Crohn's disease which manifests mainly as ulcerative colitis.

I'm happy to talk to anyone about it. I also know of a few decent forums, but I'm here if she wants a chat.

26 October 2012 06:55
BaileyK
Model

Quote from beauvoir
I have Crohn's disease which manifests mainly as ulcerative colitis. I'm happy to talk to anyone about it. I also know of a few decent forums, but I'm here if she wants a chat.

Bless you,
Can you ping the forums over...
I shall let her know x

26 October 2012 07:48
Nel05
Model

My Girlfriend has colitis/her mum to. Has you mother been to the doctors for tablets yet? They help, and to be honest smoking cigarettes help to (unusual I know).

Nel x

26 October 2012 07:54
BaileyK
Model

Quote from Nel05
My Girlfriend has colitis/her mum to. Has you mother been to the doctors for tablets yet? They help, and to be honest smoking cigarettes help to (unusual I know). Nel x

She was on tablets anyway, upped her dosage.
Blood test this morning... ERM 

She wouldn't go near cigarettes haha :P

Xox

26 October 2012 08:00
Nel05
Model

I'm all out of suggestions

The poor woman, I hope your mum gets better. Hopefully the bad phase will calm down very soon.

I know my girlfriends mum has really bad spells & not so bad spells. I think she just powers through it as best she can

Probably best to not smoke if she never has :P

xx

beauvoir is off-line
26 October 2012 08:10
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Quote from Nel05
My Girlfriend has colitis/her mum to. Has you mother been to the doctors for tablets yet? They help, and to be honest smoking cigarettes help to (unusual I know).

Nel x

Strangely, though smoking helps colitis, it makes Crohn's worse.

26 October 2012 08:21
BaileyK
Model

Quote from Nel05
I'm all out of suggestions The poor woman, I hope your mum gets better. Hopefully the bad phase will calm down very soon. I know my girlfriends mum has really bad spells & not so bad spells. I think she just powers through it as best she can Probably best to not smoke if she never has :P xx

She is getting really down about it.
Thinking its everything shes eating...

She runs last time it went mental her friend also got the toilets(Thats what I'll call it)
She got better quick and now mum thinks its running.
x

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Just_Janine mandymack
Andrew88 ATDIMAGES cps evopro Gaudinio grahamsphotography paletesdeluz rscott360