Reminder Secure

Working Abroad

25 October 2012 11:00
cathfazaxxx
Model

After just coming back from holiday me and my friends are now interested in going back to Turkey and looking to work there for however long we can do next year.

Does anyone know how we go about it, who we contact ect...?

Advice please
*dont let go of something you cant go a day without thinking of* <3

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
25 October 2012 11:23
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

http://www.turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/work_visa.asp  is a good place to start. For most jobs you need a work visa, which is only issued if you have a job offer, although there are exceptions to the visa requirements.

Since 1st January 2012 you can only work in the Tourism industry if you have an NVQ, a lot of British tour operators spent 2011 rushing their staff through various courses to meet this new requirement. 

If you fancy trying to sneak in 'under the radar' be careful, I have two female friends who had a good holiday and went back to find work and found that work conditions were a bit, how shall I put it,  BBC 1970's.
It was broken when I got here

Paul Hodson is off-line
25 October 2012 11:26
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from DorsetHammer
........... work conditions were a bit, how shall I put it,  BBC 1970's.

Can't think what you mean! 
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

25 October 2012 14:23
Bella0012
Model

I worked in Greece for a few months last year, luckily my aunt lives there and fixed me with a job, as for papers - not sure how it works in Turky, but I was just sent to some office and signed somthing, which I assume was for working. However whilst there soon learnt of other jobs.
Though dont expect pay and working hours to be the same as here, I was lucky with my job about 3euro a hour 8 hours a day, every day, and only one shouty greek boss, apparantly this place was the best paid in the town, and the others expected more like 10-12 hours. Was good though.

Laurence Power is off-line
25 October 2012 17:53
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

One thing to remember, Turkey may be trying to join the EU, but as far as I am aware they are not members thus rules for working will differ.
Laurence J. Power

26 October 2012 07:29
cathfazaxxx
Model

Yes I understand the money and working hours are not good, we have some friends over there that may be able to get us some work but are just worried about the work visa ect...

Loads of people do it now it's soemthing I have always wanted to do and now having friends over there so we won't be on our own.

Apprently Thomas Cook sort soemthing up? :/ does anyone know of this?
*dont let go of something you cant go a day without thinking of* <3

26 October 2012 07:31
BaileyK
Model

Quote from cathfazaxxx
Yes I understand the money and working hours are not good, we have some friends over there that may be able to get us some work but are just worried about the work visa ect... Loads of people do it now it's soemthing I have always wanted to do and now having friends over there so we won't be on our own. Apprently Thomas Cook sort soemthing up? :/ does anyone know of this?

HAHAHA,
I wouldn't trust that company as far as I could throw them.
Seriously sort it out off your own back. (They make huge mistakes)

I am probably wrong but the embassy may be able to help.

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Kingpanther786
bogan carshaltonkev skinz