sofia cortez is off-line
22 October 2012 20:40
sofiacortez
Model
sofiacortez
West Yorkshire
Leeds and London

Hi guys I need some advice

Basically I had arranged a photoshoot with a photographer ( who first contacted me) and the deal was I would shoot for free and have my travel paid for some portfolio fotos for both of us

He told me I'd have to wait two weeks to a month maximum ....
This shoot was around July time

I done this shoot about 3 or 4 months ago now and still no photos , he hangs up when I call, he's made empty promises that I will I get them I just don't get it I do t work for free normally and I was so excited to see these photos I travelled so far to do them and for what!?

Totally unprofessional I'm really angry and upset what shall I do? X
Moderator Input
If you have formally requested your images through the internal PM system and been blanked
go to your Sent folder, note the date & time of the message then Report the last PM from him
giving us a brief explanation of the situation and Moderators will look into the issue.
To allow relevant mail verification in a dispute one party must use the
Report this message to admin facility.

Robert Blandford is off-lineSilver Member
22 October 2012 22:12
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
New Zealand
Kirwee

Leave bad feed back on his page, or go around to see him (not on your own that is, take a friend with you and if male even the better)........I don't like to hear this as it give the wrong impression of us Photog's. I have always given a DVD of the whole shoot to the model, and that includes a picture of her signing the model release. Was he a real Photog or GWC ?

Will is off-line
23 October 2012 02:16
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

Sofia, your thread title sums things up in a clear and accurate manner. If arranged through this site, along with the details being communicated through here, follow the moderator's advice and they will stick their oar in.

Just as photographers are sometimes at pains to take models to task for late cancellations and no shows, there are also photographers who let models down. Both need to be weeded out.

The typical response from some photographers on another site would be 'if it is TF then models waiting 3 months is usual because paid work takes priority'. Those people have their priorities wrong in that if you take on any photoshoot you need to ensure that you can clear the work in an effective time. TF or paid should not come into it.
Where there's a Will, there's a way.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
23 October 2012 02:25
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I'd hazard a guess he probably took really RedChecker is a naughty person pictures and is too embarassed to come clean.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Angel3 is off-lineSilver Member
23 October 2012 03:25
angelique110
Model
angelique110
West Sussex
worthing

What sort of shoot was it?

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
23 October 2012 03:36
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

I'm another that thinks he's probably had bad results, and is embarrassed to show you them. In this case he should pay you cash for your time
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

23 October 2012 03:43
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Quote from RedChecker
I'd hazard a guess he probably took really mgphotomedia is a naughty person pictures and is too embarassed to come clean.

Maybe, who knows apart from the photographer. But the images of other models on his port and 500px look reasonably good to me. I can understand why the OP was looking forward to receiving them and why she was willing to invest her time.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
23 October 2012 03:48
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from mgphotomedia
Maybe, who knows apart from the photographer. But the images of other models on his port and 500px look reasonably good to me. I can understand why the OP was looking forward to receiving them and why she was willing to invest her time.

I don't know who the photographer is she's referring to (he hasn't been mentioned) but can only come to the conclusion that he's either seriously screwed up the shoot or perhaps is a complete arse - either way his behaviour of blocking said model speaks volumes about his respect towards others.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
23 October 2012 04:25
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Wow, come and shoot with me and i will give you some edited images before you leave, then a disc a week or 2 later.
He is an idiot, and has lost the chance of working with you again for TF.

23 October 2012 06:34
paule
Photographer

how could they mess up the shoot?!? hope you get a positive result.

0 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators