Reminder Secure

Never Cheese Off A Toff!

22 October 2012 13:09
Marty_W
Photographer

So the chap who ran onto a football pitch and assaulted a goalkeeper gets 4 months
in prison, the chap who went for a gentle swim during the Olympic Rowing gets
6 months? Am I missing something here?

22 October 2012 13:27
Brian_Markie
Photographer

And Zinadine Zidane gets a Bronze statue of him actually doing the assault. What a weird and wonderful world we live in.

Howard Mansfield is off-line
22 October 2012 13:31
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Nottinghamshire

I take it that the actual footballers who start swinging punches on the pitch will be getting the same punishment?
Everyone knows photographers make up the hottest proportions of Britains single men. - Kater

22 October 2012 13:35
1919_Images
Photographer

As someone who watched the Leeds game there were worse assaults on various players from the opposition during the game than the push on the goalkeeper, is prison really the right place for either him or the swimmer when we've got burglars, car jackers and muggers walking free with cautions after numerous offences.

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
23 October 2012 12:33
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from 1919_Images
As someone who watched the Leeds game there were worse assaults on various players from the opposition during the game than the push on the goalkeeper,.

It's to be expected from a team managed by 'Colin' and which has Michael Brown in the centre of midfield.

I'm just impressed they managed to get him to court and then prison in two working days.

It was broken when I got here

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
24 October 2012 02:27
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Didn't the twat who hit the goalkeeper come clean about what he'd done wheras the RedChecker is a naughty person who swam across the river consistently dodged questions and made up stories about what he was doing/why he was there? I may be mistaken but lying to a court of law isn't going to do you any favours.

Let's also take into account the twat acted on a spur of the moment wheras the RedChecker is a naughty person pre-calculated his disturbance. Again, something that will be taken into account by the courts.

Didn't the RedChecker is a naughty person also ignore police instruction not to swim further?

Much more to this than meets the eye I fear, and I personally find it rather sickening this is referred to an us/them situation regarding toffs/common folk. Having been educated in the private school system myself the only bigots I ever seem to come across are those who seek to have a dig at those who are priviledged (and not the other way around)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Alan Johnson is off-line
24 October 2012 02:56
Alan_Jay
Photographer
Alan_Jay
South Yorkshire

Quote from RedChecker
Didn't the twat who hit the goalkeeper come clean about what he'd done wheras the Alan_Jay is a naughty person who swam across the river consistently dodged questions and made up stories about what he was doing/why he was there? I may be mistaken but lying to a court of law isn't going to do you any favours. Let's also take into account the twat acted on a spur of the moment wheras the Alan_Jay is a naughty person pre-calculated his disturbance. Again, something that will be taken into account by the courts. Didn't the Alan_Jay is a naughty person also ignore police instruction not to swim further? Much more to this than meets the eye I fear, and I personally find it rather sickening this is referred to an us/them situation regarding toffs/common folk. Having been educated in the private school system myself the only bigots I ever seem to come across are those who seek to have a dig at those who are priviledged (and not the other way around)

As someone who was educated in the state school system,  I have to agree with you.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a motorbike and that's pretty close! :o)

24 October 2012 03:36
Marty_W
Photographer

Sorry you find this statement sickening.
Not sure what your take on privileged is? I don't see wealth as a privilege.
Money is nice but it doesn't make you happy.

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
johndt Phiesta1 Thunder_Photos