Reminder Secure

Trying to sell my car on eBay, but got stuck, any ideas?

Oliver Cook is off-line
20 October 2012 05:38
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

So I've decided to sell my little Fiat 500 and I'm trying to list it on eBay but it won't let me; its saying I have to be a registered business seller to sell anything over £3500. I've sold a few cars way back on eBay and never encountered this before. I know there are selling limits for private sellers, but I find it crazy if they have the same limits for eBay motors as most cars are obviously going to be bigger ticket items.

Anyone encountered this problem before or know a way around it? Am I missing some really obvious link or something? 

JoesPics is off-line
20 October 2012 05:57
AJPpics
Photographer

Surrey

Try contacting EBay admin about it.
Maybe it's a new rule they've instigated, but if not they'll tell you what you need to do.
Alan

" Hibby " is off-line
20 October 2012 15:57
BrazenDivas
Photographer
BrazenDivas
Highland
Inverness

Good luck with "Ebay admin" - absolutely pathetic! Have you tried a classified ad rather than an auction?
"A technically perfect photograph can be the worlds most boring picture" Andreas Feininger

Sussex Studio is off-line
20 October 2012 16:34
Sussex_studio
Studio
Sussex_studio
West Sussex
Gatwick

A Fiat 500 is much in demand so why not try the classified Ads. You can also try auto trader which has a large following or for a hassle free sale you can go to a BCA auction site: http://www.sure-sell.info
Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.” Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”

Robert Blandford is off-lineSilver Member
22 October 2012 14:55
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
New Zealand
Kirwee

Put it on Autotrader, OK it costs a few pounds but it has always worked for me......

Davkit is off-lineSilver Member
23 October 2012 03:33
davkit
Photographer

Surrey

If you need to get rid of it quickly try www.webuyanycar.com

They give you an instant price and then you arrange to take it to one of their depots.

Its an iconic car though (my wife has one and I drive it whenever I can get my hands on it!) so you might do better with the motoring press.

Oliver Cook is off-line
23 October 2012 04:55
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

Thanks guys, I'm trying Autotrader. I've been so loyal to eBay for so long that its just where I automatically went to - but it seems eBay is still changing for the worse; have they forgotten it was little private sellers and small businesses that made them who they are.

Had several enquiries already from Autotrader, but also got burnt once - a couple were going to buy, driving down from Manchester to get it, so I put another guy off, then guess what, they did a no-show in the morning! Said something about they didn't realise their own car was on lease and they couldn't sell it! See, its not just the world of photographers and models that has to put up with total numpties doing no-shows, its in everything... its... its an epidemic of sillyness! Arghh!

23 October 2012 05:17
perfectpic
Photographer

Pistonheads is best place to advertise a car. To many scammers and time wasters on Ebay for me.
3 times I got knocked on Ebay.

Paul Hodson is off-line
23 October 2012 05:22
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from davkit
If you need to get rid of it quickly try www.webuyanycar.com

Who have a mph is a naughty person reputation for then reducing the price initially offered!

Try http://www.sure-sell.info/ as recommended by "Honest John" in the Daily Telegraph. 

BCA saw an opportunity here and launched 'Sure Sell' a special section for private sellers where, because the cars are from private vendors, they often sell for more than trade money.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Philip Hartley is off-line
23 October 2012 14:43
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Last place I would try to sell would be Ebay, I think the site is on a downhill slide.
I've advertised and bought via "Preloved" a few times and generally done OK, but never anything of very high value.
Say what you Mean and Mean what you Say

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Sacha4creative
bengie david1500 gperl imageatthemill jccj1 keltica Kentrichuk MIB mlp PhilStorm plld sniffer warnie Willjamieson xcellent
barlowstudios