This thread is being watched by 1 person
Becky Blissitt is off-lineGold Member
19 October 2012 14:52
thewizard123
Model
thewizard123
Lincolnshire
grimsby

I would love to find someone new to share ideas and collaborate with on regular shoots,who thinks I could add something to their portfolio and they to mine.

I wondered what people's thoughts are regarding multiple shoots and ongoing or regular collaboration with the same person,as opposed to working with a new face every time?

I have experienced both situations,I very much enjoy meeting and working with new people and the varied experiences that can bring,but also find the connection built and the challenge of repeat shoots with the same photographer is something I really love too,it seems to me to bring much more depth to the work you create together,and I'm guessing that many others like to work this way too,given the right circumstances,time etc

So love to hear anyone elses view on this 

Suzy Monty is off-line
19 October 2012 15:00
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Yes, I personally find  it's a good idea to work and collaborate with same photographer from time to time...there are 3 photographers I work with on this basis..and then there are new faces inbetween.

The same photographers means more creativity I find anyway...each time, new ideas surface.

Whatever keeps you busy....and happy, then go for it...there are no hard and fast rules...
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

19 October 2012 15:04
thewizard123
Model
thewizard123
Lincolnshire
grimsby

I agree Suzy working with the same person does make for more creativity and give time for ongoing projects that can't be shot in one go too.

Paul Ottey is off-lineSilver Member
19 October 2012 15:14
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
Staffordshire

Ongoing collaborations are great, you can bypass trying to explain ideas as it can quite often get to the point where people can second guess each other, add ideas that may have been missed and the fact that shoots are usually much easier to set up...
Video Shizzle https://vimeo.com/user2367653/videos

19 October 2012 15:42
photoclassic
Photographer

It's a unique experience when it happens but rare. I had a muse several years ago, who would hit me with ideas or I'd contact her with mine, sometimes at odd times of the day or night. It only lasted just over a year and a half, then she vanished as suddenly as she'd appeared. A few years later I got a text message from her saying she was looking at my wedding photo - turned out she had become a home-carer for the elderly and was looking after my wife's grandmother. She never did return to modelling and with the exception of a couple of other shoots when she'd first started out, I don't think she shot with anyone else. After my wife's grandmother died, we never saw her again. She's the girl on the stool in my portfolio.
We do not stop playing because we have grown old; we grow old because we have stopped playing

Gerry is off-line
19 October 2012 15:49
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Depends what you mean by collaborate - I have shot between 5 and 9 times each with about 5 models now and it gives me the opportunity to go down roads that push the models look further. Its also nice to be on a closer working relationship - although i get to know people fairly quickly.

I usually know after one shoot who possibly may be in this catagory but after 2 or 3, I can then decide that its not going to develop further.

For me its about versatility and willingness to experiment rather than do more of the same old same old plus in the end, an appealing look
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

19 October 2012 15:59
thewizard123
Model
thewizard123
Lincolnshire
grimsby

Quote from photoclassic
It's a unique experience when it happens but rare. I had a muse several years ago, who would hit me with ideas or I'd contact her with mine, sometimes at odd times of the day or night. It only lasted just over a year and a half, then she vanished as suddenly as she'd appeared. A few years later I got a text message from her saying she was looking at my wedding photo - turned out she had become a home-carer for the elderly and was looking after my wife's grandmother. She never did return to modelling and with the exception of a couple of other shoots when she'd first started out, I don't think she shot with anyone else. After my wife's grandmother died, we never saw her again. She's the girl on the stool in my portfolio.

What an interesting story and turn of events.
As you say finding someone who becomes your creative inspiration to the rare point of being your muse is a unique and special thing, 

19 October 2012 16:07
thewizard123
Model
thewizard123
Lincolnshire
grimsby

Quote from Gerry99111
Depends what you mean by collaborate - I have shot between 5 and 9 times each with about 5 models now and it gives me the opportunity to go down roads that push the models look further. Its also nice to be on a closer working relationship - although i get to know people fairly quickly. I usually know after one shoot who possibly may be in this catagory but after 2 or 3, I can then decide that its not going to develop further. For me its about versatility and willingness to experiment rather than do more of the same old same old plus in the end, an appealing look

I agree Gerry,

The desire to experiment and progress ideas is something that I would want from an ongoing working relationship with a photographer,plus someone who gets as excited about the whole process as mefrown 

toast is off-line
19 October 2012 16:08
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

I think this is a great idea. A model and I do the same thing down here in london and we'll often bounce ideas off each other until we find something we like and then go shoot it

It really helps when you find someone who's an equal and also puts in thought and effort into coming up with ideas for shoots, preparation and enthusiasm. Hope you get some good offers coming in!

Paul Hodson is off-line
19 October 2012 16:12
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

If only Grimsby was on the other side of the country!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE Alexa_Fierce92 Brightonblonde MissCaraJane RoxyMendez Sarahlou73
3rd_Angle Andy_B asnphotography Belemboo Brian2008 copperbronze david1500 dby47 Dvass ElegantCaptures GlasgowPhotographer iankerr ignite jyp kaosrox lester2705 lify Matt1988 mlp MusetoView PHP_Photography Pmeswani rowephoto stevegosh storm321 thestarglider Willy72 xposed