When replying to a thread ...

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
19 October 2012 03:34
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

BUG: When replying to a thread the "e-mail notifications" checkbox gets ticked automatically.

It's annoying and needs removing, and seems to have only started happening in the last day or two.

Moderator Input.
This is not a bug - it is a feature introduced by Matt in response to past requests.
Although a minor addition this non-priority request involved some recoding of the site and took some time to implement

If you do not wish to receive a notification just remember to ensure this box is unticked when replying

If you wish to turn Notifications On or Off for a thread use this box
Send me an email notification when a new post is made on this thread
Send me an email notification when a new post is made on this thread

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

redbaron is onlineSilver Member
22 October 2012 15:54
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Turn off forum notifications

OK I know it was intended as and improvement but it is one I can do without. It is a real pain forgetting to uncheck the damn thing and getting a pile of emails I niether need nor want.

At least give us a tick box in our email preference area where we can set this to off by default.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
22 October 2012 15:56
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from redbaron

At least give us a tick box in our email preference area where we can set this to off by default.

It will be arriving shortly

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
28 October 2012 09:53
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from redbaron

This is now available in the forum settings page: -

http://www.purestorm.com/forum/editprofile.aspx

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Paul Hodson is off-line
28 October 2012 10:33
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Yay!!!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
28 October 2012 14:37
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

YEE HAA
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

28 October 2012 14:42
BFSPhotography
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Good work :-)

Hugh Spence is off-line
21 November 2012 06:13
StNeots
Photographer
StNeots
Bedfordshire
Potton

A pity the fix wasn't publicised more widely as a general announcement. Having the box checked by default and only finding how to get around that by searching for this thread was a real pain. I  don't make a habit of looking in the suggestion box or at old posts.

Moderator Input
As there were two forum threads running at the time Matt felt it pointless starting a third.
Sending out System Messages for minor changes is not practical as several tweaks like are made most weeks.
It has been suggested that Matt create a Look What I've Done section but by nature he prefers to keep a lower profile.

Paul Hodson is off-line
21 November 2012 11:50
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from StNeots

It has been suggested that Matt create a Look What I've Done section but by nature he prefers to keep a lower profile.

As compared to..................... 
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Dave Laurie is off-line
26 November 2012 06:41
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 Exoticangel infinitelizzy poppylapilule tanyacox
ad360photo andy_howard andygstudios frankpht GlasgowPhotographer grahamsphotography HarishPadalia keltica Kjoservices lenspoynter manchestertog1 MIB ownimage paletesdeluz philippahh redbaron redmedia rscott360 Snooper911 somers stevegosh Steveharratt swalsh58