kitty is off-line
15 October 2012 08:14
unendingsleep
Model
unendingsleep
Gloucestershire
gloucester

Hi im fairly good at makeup but the subtle sexy smokey eye look evades me
Everytime I try it comes out very heavy and dramatic quite gothic looking which is ok for some things but I really want to achieve that sexy smokey eye
Anyone have any tips on how to create the perfect smokey eye?
Thanks
Kitty
All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege

15 October 2012 08:15
BaileyK
Model

Blend blend blend

15 October 2012 09:33
laurenlangley
Model

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/beauty-tips/10-fantastic-smokey-eye-tutorials/

Try watching these

as for products, I recommend this as being foolproof, the liner and also the mascara:

http://www.maybelline.co.uk/products/145/eyes/eye-liner/eye-studio-master-smoky/smoky-black/dark-001?shadeId=946

Tips :
An instant way to make your eyes look smokier and therefore sexier is to apply pencil or Kohl liner in the inner lower rim of the eye(known as the waterline).Do this and mascara,and apply a light grey all over the lid for a quick smokey eye.Then run the pencil around the under and upper lash line,smudging gently outward.

OR for a more dramatic look:

I recommend doing the smokey eye BEFORE foundation as the specks of dark shadow can ruin your look.Or apply translucent loose powder generously under the eye area then brush off after application of shadow.

Apply a non greasy concealer above and below the eye and onto the lid.This gives a base for the shadow to cling to,or you can use an eyeshadow primer.Now add a shadow in a neutral colour like a medium vanilla, all over the lid,lashline to brow.

Then, line both the top and bottom rims with a dark eye pencil, paying close attention to going into the lash line itself.

If you have small eyes apply liner starting from the middle of the under eye to the outside of the eye. If your eyes are large feel free to line from corner to corner.

Hint: If you are using liquid liner you can place dots on the lash line and then follow the dots to get a perfectly straight line.Liquid liner should only ever be used on the outer lash liner,above the upper lashes, never inside or below the eye.Always use pencil liner or Kohl there.

With a small eye shadow brush or a cotton bud, soften the edges of the eye pencil line.

Apply a dark shadow using a sponge-tip applicator, smudge brush or a cotton bud directly over the pencilled area and smudge. (If you prefer, you can use your finger tip.)Use a gentle 'windscreen wiper' motion.

The shadow helps to set and soften the look.
Next apply the lighter shadow in a neutral tone with a larger eye shadow brush to the brow bone and inner eye corner.

Encircling the entire eye area, be sure to soften and graduate outward for that perfect blended look.

Curl lashes.Add a good mascara,applying two coats.
I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your Internet-assembled philosophy

beauvoir is off-line
15 October 2012 17:19
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

I use light grey shadow over my eyelid, and using a smaller brush, below my lower lashed.
Then I take a slim brush and line dark grey just above my upper lash line, and just below my lower lash line and BLEND.
I use two coats of mascara and heavy khol eyeliner.
I use highlighter on the inner parts of my eye, just to the side of the bridge of my nose.

Benefit so a great smokey eye set with instructions.

fitnude is off-line
16 October 2012 09:42
actiongirl
Model

London

The lady on the Chanel Counter at Debenhams gave me a free lesson because I bought a mascara there and i though she was really really knowledgeable and patient! She told me all consultants on Chanel counters are sent for in depth training on how to do smokey eyes for all ages and day/nighttime looks..which are quite different...also try to google make up for smokey eyes on utube......lots of brilliant tutorials pop up

16 October 2012 16:28
laurenlangley
Model

Quote from actiongirl
The lady on the Chanel Counter at Debenhams gave me a free lesson because I bought a mascara there and i though she was really really knowledgeable and patient! She told me all consultants on Chanel counters are sent for in depth training on how to do smokey eyes for all ages and day/nighttime looks..which are quite different...also try to google make up for smokey eyes on utube......lots of brilliant tutorials pop up

totally agree ChANEL or Mac ill show you step by step and also which product to use.You can already do dramatic liner flicks which is awesome-a skill-
this tutorial is great, products reasonable too:

http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/_en/_gb/minisites/volumemillionlashesexcess/videos.aspx

x
x
I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your Internet-assembled philosophy

Fizzy is off-line
17 October 2012 08:52
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

If there's a Fenwicks near you, you can book a makeover appointment at the Illamasqua counter (I think it's about £20) and they'll show you any makeup look you want, and the price is redeemable off any makeup you buy.
Art nude model - £35ph

beauvoir is off-line
17 October 2012 11:28
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Quote from fizzy
If there's a Fenwicks near you, you can book a makeover appointment at the Illamasqua counter (I think it's about £20) and they'll show you any makeup look you want, and the price is redeemable off any makeup you buy.

YES, do this! I went to the Illamasqua counter at Selfridges, and she showed me how to use red eyeshadow without looking like I had some kind of disease. I got money off make up, and I knew how to do it with someone watching me rather than just looking at a video

kitty is off-line
17 October 2012 13:44
unendingsleep
Model
unendingsleep
Gloucestershire
gloucester

thank you
Some great tips and advice
I never thought of going to makeup counter lol
Will try the tips and when im next in town ask about makeover
All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege

Angel is off-line
30 October 2012 06:12
Amo_Angelus
Model
Amo_Angelus
Derbyshire
Chesterfield

I apply a natural looking light brown to my lid first, then apply a light to medium grey from the half way point and finally a dark grey or black in a line the the corners, then using a clean brush I blend from the nose outwards to creat a subtle smoke.

I don't know what brand of make-up I use, I used to use a whole selection of named and un-named stuff, but for smokey eyes I have a pallette I bought from the beauty salon.
Creative, Fun and Vibrant model always on the lookout for work. TFCD/TFP are more than welcome.

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
fashion29 Natpenelope SuzyMonty Winterlilly
Davebu dby47 djb1 keltica lester2705 mikebee nunude panda49 Phiesta1 photomart poah Puremoods sammylhel siclews smart2 steveh32 wacTony Wayne Wtphotos
Hayley26x