Dont understand

mercy666 is off-line
14 October 2012 04:49
Mercy666
Model

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

I may get some horrible comments but ill try anyway

I was wondering if you guys could take a look at my portfolio and tell me if im doing anything wrong, i pose different in every photo i try looking different but i must be doing something wrong for some of the togs i work with not to even bother with my images i work hard and spend my time and effort on these shoots but they sometimes feel like a waste of my time.

If they think im horrible they shouldnt work with me in the first place, is it because i am a size 12 and not a size zero is that what it is? I dont have the perfect skinny body, i have curves and a bit of baby weight like all women get but i get the feeling some photographers think that a bigger model is disgusting when its not, i just dont know whats going wrong or where im going wrong

Does anyone else feel like there is something wrong with them when a photographer doesnt use your photos? Is there anything wrong with how i look? Do i need to be anorexic to get somewhere?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

14 October 2012 04:59
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

But... I just clicked on the "view other" button and you ARE on photographers profiles. 5 of them in fact. That's more than me.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

Anth is off-line
14 October 2012 05:05
1884photo
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

Actually love the A7X bat skull tat! I wouldn't say size 12 is big at all, you've got a good figure - maybe its just that your working with the wrong photographers????

mercy666 is off-line
14 October 2012 05:05
Mercy666
Model

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Quote from JennyWren
But... I just clicked on the "view other" button and you ARE on photographers profiles. 5 of them in fact. That's more than me.

They are kinda old now though when i was more 'fit' but now since i have had a baby it seems nobody really wants to add my photos which makes me feel awful about myself i cant help the baby weight can i? I know some people might think im being daft and whinging but it happens a lot and ive never said anything till now i just wanted to know whats going wrong.

mercy666 is off-line
14 October 2012 05:08
Mercy666
Model

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Quote from 1884photo
Actually love the A7X bat skull tat! I wouldn't say size 12 is big at all, you've got a good figure - maybe its just that your working with the wrong photographers????

Thanks so much buddy i used to be a 10 but had a baby eight month ago i still have baby weight and a few stretch marks im only human everyone has flaws dont they? And proper photographers dont seem to want to work with me because its that type that only like skinny girls the togs i know only put photos up of the fit ones its no wonder big ladies feel like crap

Fizzy is off-line
14 October 2012 05:09
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

I know sometimes things like this can seem very personal but it's not necessarily a reflection on you. A lot of photographers don't update their online portfolios very often (I've worked with quite a few photographers who don't). Or it may just be that they haven't got round to it yet.
Art nude model - £35ph

14 October 2012 05:12
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from Mercy666

They are kinda old now though when i was more 'fit' but now since i have had a baby it seems nobody really wants to add my photos which makes me feel awful about myself i cant help the baby weight can i? I know some people might think im being daft and whinging but it happens a lot and ive never said anything till now i just wanted to know whats going wrong.

I shouldn't think it's a deliberate slight at all. I don't tend to add new photos as soon as I get them. Occasionally I'll have a re-jig of my portfolio and all the new ones will go in then. Maybe that's what these photographers are doing?

It might be worth PMing the photographers in question and just asking them direct. I bet you it's nothing like as serious as you think. After all, they agreed to shoot you in the first place!

I've had shoots where I know the photographer is happy with what we shot, but the photos are not in their portfolio. I just choose to assume they don't fit with the current layout.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

mercy666 is off-line
14 October 2012 05:18
Mercy666
Model

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Quote from fizzy
I know sometimes things like this can seem very personal but it's not necessarily a reflection on you. A lot of photographers don't update their online portfolios very often (I've worked with quite a few photographers who don't). Or it may just be that they haven't got round to it yet.

Yeh it does seem personal it never bothered me at first until it started happening more often it just made me think 'is it me am i doing something wrong?' i dont like to complain i hardly post on here i just wanted to get some advice on if i need to improve or anything else maybe i shouldnt take it to heart so much.

mercy666 is off-line
14 October 2012 05:21
Mercy666
Model

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Quote from JennyWren

I shouldn't think it's a deliberate slight at all. I don't tend to add new photos as soon as I get them. Occasionally I'll have a re-jig of my portfolio and all the new ones will go in then. Maybe that's what these photographers are doing?

It might be worth PMing the photographers in question and just asking them direct. I bet you it's nothing like as serious as you think. After all, they agreed to shoot you in the first place!

I've had shoots where I know the photographer is happy with what we shot, but the photos are not in their portfolio. I just choose to assume they don't fit with the current layout.

Thankyou it does make me rethink and makes me feel a little better when others say it happens to them too, i am just quite a fragile sensitive model who thinks the worlds out to get her sometimes i appreciate peoples advice

Hannah Ashlea is off-line
14 October 2012 05:22
HannahAshlea
Model
HannahAshlea
Northamptonshire
Northampton

I get it, you get it, everyone gets it. Sometimes people just don't use your photos for some reason. On another note, you can help the baby weight if you want to - it's just fat, you can lose it if you exercise and eat well. If you're unhappy with it, change it

In all, I really wouldn't worry if some people don't use the images, just keep working hard, enjoying yourself and working with the right people.
Professional Fashion, Latex and Nude model ~ Brunette ~ Freckles ~ www.hannahashlea.blogspot.com

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Brightonblonde miles
bradder cityclikr cygnet dave2008 david1500 dorrian Fatsammy lukaszmarcinkowski mareeoosh modelboutique nik300 ranesh rscott360 seductiveangels Willjamieson