Credits page coming up soon!

Comments and (CONSTRUCTIVE) Criticism please

http://phoenixstormmodel.wix.com/portfolio

Enjoy,
Thanks.

12 October 2012 15:48
mgphotomedia
Photographer

I don't know if you realise it but the images you've included on your 'aims' section almost certainly constitute breaches of copyright.

Phoenix is off-line
12 October 2012 15:56
ModelxCheryl
Model

Norfolk
Norwich

I actually had advice on this from a website designer and they aren't because I didn't claim to own them

Phoenix is off-line
12 October 2012 15:59
ModelxCheryl
Model

Norfolk
Norwich

I shall add a disclaimer though, just to clarify

Phoenix is off-line
12 October 2012 16:03
ModelxCheryl
Model

Norfolk
Norwich

Disclaimer added.

Any other comments welcome

12 October 2012 16:15
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Some words of advice for you:

1. Your website designer is wrong.

2. A disclaimer will make no difference - it's still breach of copyright.

3. Don't ride roughshod over copyright issues unless you want to alienate photographers that might otherwise be willing to work with you.

Paul Hodson is off-line
12 October 2012 16:16
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from ModelxCheryl
Disclaimer added.

Any other comments welcome

Still a copyright breach I'm afraid.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

12 October 2012 16:20
_elegia_
Photographer

One of the photographer's whose image you've put on your site is a member on here too. I'd advise removing them asap.
What happens in Leeds. Stays in Leeds.

Phoenix is off-line
12 October 2012 16:23
ModelxCheryl
Model

Norfolk
Norwich

Oh my goodness. Ok I shall remove them.

Laura McIntyre (née Ford) is off-line
12 October 2012 16:25
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Lothian
West Lothian and Edinburgh

I just looked for your disclaimer and can't see it anywhere. I don't think that not claiming ownership of the images means you can use them anyway, if you don't have permission to put them on your site then they shouldn't really be there. I'd be inclined to scrap that page altogether; if you're expecting to use the site for paid work, the things you just 'fancy trying' aren't going to be very important to the photographers potentially booking you. If they're going to pay you, they're going to shoot you in the style they want - they're probably not going to pay you to recreate images you like.

As for the site generally, I don't think you need a slideshow of 6 images on the home page when the same ones are already on your 'my work' page. My connection is pretty fast and the slideshow is a little bit slow-moving; if I were you, I'd just choose your best image and have it as a still on the home page.

Edit: Oops, too slow, lol.
A dry sponge is a happy sponge.

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Gothic_Kitty Hann Isobel111 kkoch RoxyMendez tanyacox
clearimagephotography cliffc david1500 diphoto dorrian funky glamartfoto jjphotos jonnywoo lify MIB mikehemmings nickdandalos psn Rupert soulc Spiritofwales Swyftie thelfcdude888 TonyDanza Willjamieson