Smudgy eyeliner

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Laura Shipman is off-line
17 October 2012 19:06
laurashipmanmua
Make-up Artist

Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

I've just bought eyeliner from Helen E and it's my favourite one ever (and I've tried loads).
It lasts all day and night (even at a concert), it smudges really well and it has a sponge tip at the other end to soften the line with if you want to.

Hannah Ashlea is off-line
18 October 2012 00:01
HannahAshlea
Model
HannahAshlea
Northamptonshire
Northampton

I second the Soap and Glory's Smoulder Kohl (http://www.soapandglory.com/products/cosmetics/eyes/smoulder-kohl) - it's very waterproof but smudges nicely for that 'smudgy eyeliner' look. Set it with a little black eyeshadow after you're done and it'll last all day. I actually forgot to take my makeup off last night and wowke up this morning to find it was still completely in place, as if I'd just put it on

Professional Fashion, Latex and Nude model ~ Brunette ~ Freckles ~ www.hannahashlea.blogspot.com

beauvoir is off-line
18 October 2012 03:46
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Soap and Glory wins. Will report back.

Still need to figure out that black shadow stuff you're talking about. So I put that on the lash line? Won't it get in my eye?

18 October 2012 06:08
_Maz_
Model

Quote from beauvoir
Soap and Glory wins. Will report back. Still need to figure out that black shadow stuff you're talking about. So I put that on the lash line? Won't it get in my eye?

See when you're putting on eyeshadow normally, you'd put in on your lid, and under your eye? Well for the smudgy eyeliner look you put the liner on your lid & under your eye , smudge, then press black eyeshadow on top of it - as you'd do with eyeshadow normally. 
Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

Karen Hegarty is off-line
19 October 2012 03:46
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Quote from beauvoir
What do you mean, set with black eyeshadow?

once you have put on the eyeliner and smudged or softened it, use a little powder black eyeshadow over the top to "set" the eyeliner so it doesn't smear, as the heat from your skin and moisture from your eyes can make it run or smear more than you intend it to

Karen Hegarty is off-line
19 October 2012 03:51
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Quote from beauvoir
Soap and Glory wins. Will report back. Still need to figure out that black shadow stuff you're talking about. So I put that on the lash line? Won't it get in my eye?

on the lash line yes, but NOT the water line, this will make your eyes look smaller anyway if you are putting it on the inside rim of your eyes. You put the liner along your lash line top or bottom or both, and smudge it with cotton bud or brush or sponge applicator, then use some black shadow and go over the top of the eyeliner it will "fix " it and stop it running , hope this helps K x

fitnude is off-line
19 October 2012 09:51
actiongirl
Model

London

I think Khol pencils are the softest, and Mavala one is soft and waterproof too......tested it out and stayed put after swimmng. I couldnt bring myself to try out the new "tattoo" eyeliner pen from one of the leading make up houses because if i found it impossible to remove that wonky line.....eeeek! Anyone else tried it and escaped being carted off to the tropical animals section of London zoo?

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
FirstLifePhotography nick34eh redtail stevegosh steveh32 zzdigital