This thread is being watched by 1 person
beauvoir is off-line
12 October 2012 10:45
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

This forum was excellent when chosing a new foundation, so I need help again, please!

What's the best for smudgey khol eyeliner? I used to use Bourjois but that type I used is now discontinued. What's the best alternative?

xx

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
12 October 2012 13:17
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

I use a liquid eyeliner and then black eye powder to blend.

Si
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

kitty is off-line
12 October 2012 13:58
unendingsleep
Model
unendingsleep
Gloucestershire
gloucester

soap & glory do a great kohl eyeliner that is very soft and easy to apply great for smudging with a brush or cotton bud it blends nicely
smoulder kohl its called its not very expensive and found it to be one of the best i have used over the years
All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege

12 October 2012 14:21
_Maz_
Model

Try MUA intense colour eyeliner for £1 - goes on great and smudges well. I'd also go over it with some black shadow too.
Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

12 October 2012 17:29
jessewalker
Make-up Artist

MAC smoulder kohl pencil is super black and super smudgey.

J x

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
12 October 2012 17:30
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Had to laugh when I read this. surprise SMUDGY EYELINER

Bought a new liquid black khol eyeliner pen for my recent Gypsy Woman shoot and boy did it smudge!

NOT intentionally. so I was kinda in a panic... Good job that the gypsy eyes look had to have dramatic, darker makeup than usual, because I was tossing up whether to wipe all my make-up off and start again, or do a repair job...in end did the latter as didn't have much time before photographer  picked me up at 8.15am... and I used pencil eyeliner over the liquid eyeliner which set it better and the day was saved...learnt my lesson, never try out new makeup for a shoot, always do a 'test' first....

Would think after 30 plus years in the business should have learnt... but then liquid eyeliner pens are pretty much a new innovation...in the good ol' days it was a paint job with block eyeliner mixed with water and a brush to paint on, like an artist...or instead of water, some models used 'spit'...mmmm

Oh well....Hope the OP found what she was looking for...
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Charlie Z  is off-lineSilver Member
12 October 2012 17:33
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

I always find the cheaper the brand the better the eyeliner... Barry m eyeliner is super!
Never a dull moment

Karen Hegarty is off-line
16 October 2012 07:58
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

I agree with the MUA eyeliner or fashionista both budget prices and smudge well, also benefit's bad gal is super smudgey but more pricey. I also set with black eye shadow once it is smudged how I want it so it doesn't carry on smearing with the heat from your skin and moisture from eyes hope this helps xx

beauvoir is off-line
16 October 2012 08:13
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

What do you mean, set with black eyeshadow?

16 October 2012 13:50
_Maz_
Model

Smudgy, pencil eyeliner tends to smear down your face with heat, sweat, weather etc which can give you bad racoon eyes. Putting a light layer of shadow on top of the liner will stop it smearing/fading etc.
Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ArizonaSky Ashleighmckenzie chandni23 Danielamoreno1975 emilymarshall Laila19 latara_18 michellehush Pinklilly Rhistylee toxicinnocence
abouncer Dandelion dby47 DecimalDan diphoto Essexjohn freddie gperl GSC4X Impulse_Images JasonSmithPhoto leekumkee liteangle Maverick974 MIB photon rtmphoto shadowtime74 steveh32 violins Willjamieson