Hair Colouring Advice

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Maria Bird is off-line
11 October 2012 03:24
bigbumpa
Model

Bristol

Hello everyone
Basically my hair is a kind of reddy colour with excess blonde at the bottom where ive previously had blonde on it but it went wrong, im going to do 1 of them decolour kits tonight which is supposed 2 take u back 2 ur normal colour, i want a dark blonde afterwards so will i have to put a pre lightener on afterwards or will it work if i just put it on straight away? and if it goes ginger after the decolouring can u still put dark blonde on the top?!
Thanks

charley-marie is off-line
11 October 2012 10:01
charlotte90
Model
charlotte90
London
south london

I think it depends on your hair if you'll need to put a pre lightener on.. If it goes ginger you can't put no products on it for 3weeks but as you've had a red on it before it will most probally go ginger x

11 October 2012 10:04
BaileyK
Model

You will probably go ginger with those colour B4 kits...
I don't recommend anything like that.
If you have the money go to the hair dressers..
I go to same and pay £100 but my hairs in the most amazing condition and the colour is amazeballs

(( sorry only skimmed your post))
I'd go to he hair dressers if our have the money after all a girls hair is very important xxxx

Hannah Ashlea is off-line
11 October 2012 10:39
HannahAshlea
Model
HannahAshlea
Northamptonshire
Northampton

I had red hair and even the hairdresser couldn't strip the colour back to the original colour the first time - it took 3 goes. I highly recommend NOT using a colour stripper home-kit, it'll end up costing you way more than if you just went to the salon in the first place
Professional Fashion, Latex and Nude model ~ Brunette ~ Freckles ~ www.hannahashlea.blogspot.com

Maria Bird is off-line
15 October 2012 09:45
bigbumpa
Model

Bristol

thanks girls x

15 October 2012 11:46
laurenlangley
Model

yeah, those home colour strippers just turn your hair a kind of uneven ginger.Even my hairdresser could only get my hair to a yellow blonde, being as I had been red for so long.I went back to my natural brunette,took the extensions out and am waiting till it is elbow length to have it dyed red again professionally.

I started off with 3 inch long hair when my extensions came out-and thin!I now have hair well past my shoulders in good condition.

I never thought I could wait it out but I never want to have to wear extensions again and I ended up getting them after I ruined my waist length hair trying to go blonde.Waste of time and huge waste of money.those colour strippers CAN'T remove reddish tones totally-the only option is to cut the ends off, and wait it out.
I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your´╗┐ Internet-assembled philosophy

Charlie Z  is off-lineSilver Member
15 October 2012 12:18
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

Use purple toning shampoo to remove brassy parts after dying or use an ashy blonde to help strip x
Never a dull moment

Maria Bird is off-line
16 October 2012 03:12
bigbumpa
Model

Bristol

thanks

jessi is off-line
29 January 2013 09:00
missblond
Model

Newport
wales

This is what happend to me , I used to havee jet black hair , untill it started faidng into patches of a sort of off light clolr , so I decided it was best to return to blonde,
I used a lightner , and I went a shocking ginger patches everywhere lol I then used jerome russel ( I think ) b blond , bleaching kit , wich lightned the gingeryness a lot ( hair started snapping off at this point )
I then put xxl live color on it , and got the color I needced !
It wasnt patchy , but it felt very brittle, now when I dye my hair I put a tiny bit of conditioner into the bottle of dye and mix and use, I find it doesnt stop the color, but moisturises my hair at the same time !

Ratana Rose is off-line
29 January 2013 09:52
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

Quote from bigbumpa
Hello everyone
Basically my hair is a kind of reddy colour with excess blonde at the bottom where ive previously had blonde on it but it went wrong, im going to do 1 of them decolour kits tonight which is supposed 2 take u back 2 ur normal colour, i want a dark blonde afterwards so will i have to put a pre lightener on afterwards or will it work if i just put it on straight away? and if it goes ginger after the decolouring can u still put dark blonde on the top?!
Thanks

if the base colour is blonde or the dye has bleach in de-coloures dont work, it cant remove colour from blonde as blonde stains

why all the hate for colour stippers, there really good if used properly - ive used them dozens of times never had a problem and it was cheaper and better than a salon... the problem is people expect stupid miricals even though they clearly tell you you can NOT strip to blonde, only ginger, brown or black

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Craigchesham
AndyGStudios chandos Essexjohn Lumen