Suzy Monty is off-line
09 October 2012 11:19
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Taken from VogueItaliaWebsite

Featured in this : http://www.ephotozine.com/article/growing-opportunities-for-mature-models-20353

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Morgan Lee is off-line
09 October 2012 15:30
Morgan_L
Photographer
Morgan_L
Hampshire
Havant

Congrats ,

Surely though paying a reputable photographer to start your Portfolio is worth it rather then faffing with TFP.
Partially sighted, coloured blind, Light sensitive & short sighted Photographer, Howdy :).

gerda.m.model is off-lineSilver Member
09 October 2012 15:34
gerda_babbii
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
gerda_babbii
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

well done, nice shot! x
www.gerdamodelling.weebly.com

w4pictures is off-line
09 October 2012 15:40
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Congratulations! I think Vogue Italia counts as more then a little biddy one.

Aston Wilde is off-lineSilver Member
09 October 2012 15:47
ndcent007
Model
ndcent007
Shropshire
telford

congratulations. Im sure alot of ladies out there will be inspired. x

09 October 2012 16:09
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

ooh nice one frown

Suzy Monty is off-line
10 October 2012 02:30
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Quote from Morgan_L
Congrats , Surely though paying a reputable photographer to start your Portfolio is worth it rather then faffing with TFP.

Hee! Tee! Yep KNEW photographers would pick up on that bit!!laugh

When I went back to re-launch my modelling career , in my late 50's, after National newspaper photographed me in my bikini and it was published in their paper,  I discovered that the previous professional photographers I'd worked with had either retired, moved away or died... so  having been out of the loop for a couple of decades, I PAID a another, new professional photographer that I hadn't worked with before, but his website seemed good,  £100 for a location shoot - it was a freezing cold day, but being the professional I still did everything he asked, posing on beach etc., and ignoring the icy cold and we got the shots...but even though they were good, he wouldn't take the time to EDIT them, so I never really used the images, and considered the money wasted...but you live and learn, so I thought...then when I signed up to a model agency, they wanted another £100 for their professional photographer to take pictures of me for their online modelling site...that professional photographer cancelled the shoot at last mo' and I was all ready madeup etc., dressed for the ready in my first outfit when he rang me to say he couldn't make it... but we did eventually do shoot.

Then I joined  Pure Storm and other models kept telling me that I should have asked for TFP all along, considering I knew how to model, with years of experieince behind me already... so, I kinda regreted the wasted £200. It still rankles...especially as when I ran my own model agency in the 1980's we ALWAYS did free test shoots of would-be models...to see if they were photogenic...for as you know, it's not always the pretty girls that photograph well. It's all to do with having the right bone structure, etc.

The feature was about mature models and a lot of mature models have had previous experience..maybe they return to modelling after having families whatever...so when the interviewer asked me question on how to start  mature modelling, I replied TFP to start their ports which seemed good advice, after my experieinces with paid ports...I rest my case...

And MANY THANKS guys for the other plus comments...cool!cheeky
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

10 October 2012 03:35
schotz
Photographer

Congratulations on the article.
Consistently Inconsistent

10 October 2012 03:39
SamanthaLouise_X
Model

Well done Suzy, you're so beautiful

Imagineers is off-line
10 October 2012 10:21
Imagineers
Photographer
Imagineers
Hampshire
Southampton

Excellent, well done.

Here's hoping more mature models will want their pic taken

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
georgiaiaxo Lilly_69 lynnesel Tabz
Andyk D_H_P duncanjames gkeesuk Jamespaulphotos johntisbury jonnar42 joolsy jskazza Ladiesman lify metro Moodie PepperPackshots poah skeggartphoto stevegosh thelook wacTony westend_portfolios