Reminder Secure

I spent £9.96 to book a doctors appointment!

djwilby is off-line
25 October 2012 05:15
djwilby
Photographer
djwilby
Essex
Dagenham

I got a letter from the House of Commons this morning, it looks like my MP is taking up my cause.
I have copies of letters she has sent to my medical practice and the local medicines management and will update me when she has a reply.

"The regulations came into force on 1 April 2010 and mean that calls to the practice should be no more expensive than the cost of calls to an equivalent geographical number (eg 020 or 0203). This includes the cost of making a call from mobile phones."

I think I will start looking for a new doctor, before my current one books me in for a colonoscopy!
I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

djwilby is off-line
25 October 2012 09:29
djwilby
Photographer
djwilby
Essex
Dagenham

Just had a call from my MP's office - the problem was almost raised in the house of commons during PMs question time!
But my MP decided to ask about the lack of tax coming from Starbucks instead - fair enough!

But I have been asked if I would talk to the local rag if they decide to do a piece on it! 
I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

djwilby is off-line
29 October 2012 12:00
djwilby
Photographer
djwilby
Essex
Dagenham

Just spoken to a reporter from the local paper - photographer coming first thing in the morning!

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
29 October 2012 14:55
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from djwilby
Just spoken to a reporter from the local paper - photographer coming first thing in the morning!

Have you explained, as a photographer yourself, you are by default not attractive
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Andy is off-line
29 October 2012 15:34
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

docs surgeries really p*** me off at times, my daughter had an appointment today for a mole which was bothering her ! she thought she'd ask while she was there about her headaches, the docs response....sorry you'll need to make another appointment to discuss that at a later date, please make another booking !!! W****** then when she tried ..yep you guessed it, no appointments the following week, what the hell do these ass holes get paid for nowadays ?
lets get shootin

djwilby is off-line
06 November 2012 09:18
djwilby
Photographer
djwilby
Essex
Dagenham

VICTORY!!

My doctor is changing their number from a premium rate to a standard local rate.

Also my MPs office did some digging and found 9 other practices in the borough with premium rate numbers - all of which will be getting a letter from her asking them to change it.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
06 November 2012 11:12
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Suspect my surgery must have a notice on their phone "private, long duration outgoing calls only", one day tried for 4 hours to make an appointment for an elderly relative. Phone was ringing, then 'engaged' put a ring when free on, phone never answered. Eventually went in to reception, of the 2 staff 1 was permanently on the phone.
It's these people who are going to bring efficiency and improvements to the NHS under Tory plans

redbaron is onlineSilver Member
07 November 2012 11:43
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

No all surgeries are like that. I hate going with a vengeance but in fairness when I had to concede defeat over a cyst on my back I got straight through on the Friday and was booked in Monday and operated on the same evening.

Just a shame they cannot stick to sorting out what you want then moving on to the next though. Half the reason I left it so late was trying to avoid the inevitable arguement when they start wanting to know how much you drink, what you weigh and a dozen other questions that have nothing to do with the job in hand and are not about to get answered.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
07 November 2012 12:47
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from redbaron
............when they start wanting to know how much you drink, what you weigh and a dozen other questions that have nothing to do with the job in hand and are not about to get answered.

....but which do affect their income!!!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
aprilscherz3 azurphotos casell Cliff Dphphotography FirstLifePhotography FlashHarold redbaron redtail