Reminder Secure

Websites

08 October 2012 09:52
cathfazaxxx
Model

I've got really into wanting to set up a website, not my own but like a fetish one ect... Got too many ideas that need to be seen!

But how do I go about sorting this stuff out?

How do I set up a website?

As becoming a yummy mummy next year I won't be a model all my life and it will be harder next year so I want to go behind the scenes and still work in this industry.

Need as much advice as possible.

I do know that just doing a website won't be a huge amount of income but it's something I'm dying to get my hands into.
*dont let go of something you cant go a day without thinking of* <3

Martyn B is off-line
08 October 2012 10:17
Martyn_B
Photographer
Martyn_B
Hampshire
Farnborough

Hi Cath,

Pm sent

Rgds,

Martyn

Megan Reynolds is off-line
08 October 2012 11:10
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
Bristol
Bristol

Be prepared for hard work, don't let anyone else host your website, don't let anyone else own your domain name. Keep control, if anything goes sour with anyone you collaborate with you still own the business. heard to many people get burned by this.

Attic Studios is off-line
08 October 2012 11:20
PHIL
Photographer
PHIL
North Yorkshire
Harrogate

Quote from LadylikeMedia
Be prepared for hard work, don't let anyone else host your website, don't let anyone else own your domain name. Keep control, if anything goes sour with anyone you collaborate with you still own the business. heard to many people get burned by this.

In total agreement! I know from experience you can't trust anyone where money is concerned, my own fault I've been burnt, but never again! So take a tip from "LadylikeMedia" and be very careful

Dave A is off-lineGold Member
08 October 2012 11:56
anthon
Photographer
anthon
Merseyside
west kirby/wirral

something i found really useful with a new website was the tracker (ie, several pages of statistic's and info, inc pie chart's , maps etc showing no of hit's from which countries ,which search engines and the key words used etc.which maybe helps to improve your website.

08 October 2012 14:10
BaileyK
Model

Quote from cathfazaxxx
I've got really into wanting to set up a website, not my own but like a fetish one ect... Got too many ideas that need to be seen! But how do I go about sorting this stuff out? How do I set up a website? As becoming a yummy mummy next year I won't be a model all my life and it will be harder next year so I want to go behind the scenes and still work in this industry. Need as much advice as possible. I do know that just doing a website won't be a huge amount of income but it's something I'm dying to get my hands into.

It will be very difficult with a baby believe me, I run(Help) a adult website... it is very time consuming.
Not to mention long to get set up and enough content online.
Not trying to put you off but it will be a huge stress on top of a bubba... I don't have a bub a and by god its stressful enough

Have a look into it and see how much money you need to have to cover the web hosting, server costs and web designing xxxxxxxxxxxx

08 October 2012 14:56
Serena
Model

My husband set up my website fantasy69.co.uk on wordpress and by keeping it 'in the family' it works extremely well on a shoestring. One doesn't need to spend much on a website if one keeps it under one's own control. Just don't ask someone to do it for you and then charge for your changes. I'm changing mine around all the time! You need that flexiblity believe me. If you are doing 'adult' sales you'll find Paypal can't be used. There are lots of things to check out. Also you'll find you want a POBox - that's a couple of £200 a year now but have a wishlist like me and you'll get it back in pressies! Good luck. x
Fun, friendly and experienced mature model with lively personality and youthful figure!

Robert Blandford is off-lineSilver Member
08 October 2012 19:20
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
New Zealand
Kirwee

Don't buy a web site in a box (you know the company) my wife did and it's more trouble than it's worth......

AFDMedia is off-line
05 November 2012 10:56
jonuk
Photographer
jonuk
Derbyshire
Dronfield

Best web host to use if your going to host Adult Content is Servage a lot of paid adult membership websites use them to host sites its all very easy to set up online etc

In order to develop a web site your going to have to learn one of the relevant software packages like Dreamweaver if you want to keep total control of it yourself or find someone you can trust to help you

Alternatively there are web developers who work on a percentage of the monthly membership revenue from 30% to 50% and they handles all the payment processing , promotion etc and free updating etc

All depends on what you want to do with a site and how quickly you can build the skills available

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Brightonblonde miles
bbphotos bradder cygnet david1500 dorrian eosfan Fatsammy mareeoosh nik300 ranesh redbaron rscott360 seductiveangels tms Willjamieson