Reminder Secure

rude photographers

This thread is being watched by 1 person
06 October 2012 14:32
anna61
Model

im getting rather fed up of togs not answering to casting calls when they have been read thatim interested in it doesnt cost anything to say NO Thanks !!!!

Anna

06 October 2012 14:46
MattButlerPhoto
Photographer

Popcorn. Cold say same about models. Your a big girl. Deal with it. If you don't have a thick skin modelling isn't for you.

Derek is off-line
06 October 2012 15:15
Scarecrow
Photographer
Scarecrow
Kent
Faversham

Whilst a reply, even to say no thanks, would be considered a courtesy, the general concensus seems to be that if you hear nothing, take it as a no.

06 October 2012 15:18
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from anna61
im getting rather fed up of togs not answering to casting calls when they have been read thatim interested in it doesnt cost anything to say NO Thanks !!!!

Anna

im getting rather fed up of dulls not answering to casting calls when they have been read thatim interested in it doesnt cost anything to say NO Thanks !!!!

SD

See wot i did thar? huhu?
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Meg is off-line
06 October 2012 15:35
Sirensong
Model
Sirensong
South Glamorgan
Cardiff

Quote from anna61
im getting rather fed up of togs not answering to casting calls when they have been read thatim interested in it doesnt cost anything to say NO Thanks !!!! Anna

Could I ask, are they casting calls you fit for and when you are applying what it it you say?
Enhanced in post production, but not working to a level of filmed with inserts :D

Paul Hodson is off-line
06 October 2012 15:37
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from MattButlerPhoto
Popcorn. Cold say same about models. Your a big girl. Deal with it. If you don't have a thick skin modelling isn't for you.

Hopefully they are calls for 5' tall 51 year old models?  laugh
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

06 October 2012 15:40
Blacklion
Photographer

My general rule is, if I don't get a reply from a model, then I was not fit for the casting. If I don't respond to a model who has applied for my casting, then she was not what I was looking for. I kinda thought that was the accepted norm - without being rude.

Gerry is off-line
06 October 2012 15:42
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from anna61
im getting rather fed up of togs not answering to casting calls when they have been read thatim interested in it doesnt cost anything to say NO Thanks !!!! Anna

They are only going to consider you if you are suitable - not just because you are interested. Suitable means through their not your eyes.

Models who are suitable for castings may get a reply even if it is to say no. But nothing is ever guaranteed.

If you are applying for castings and not getting responses - then put up your own castings - at least you will know the person applying is interested even if they are not suitable.

If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Phoenix is off-line
06 October 2012 15:45
ModelxCheryl
Model

Norfolk
Norwich

Sometimes photographers get inundated with such a vast amount of replies it is impossible to message everyone back individually to let them know that they haven't got it. I have been modelling for years now (only just recently on purestorm) and it's always the case if you don't hear you were unsuccessful. It's not rude. Just practical.

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
06 October 2012 15:53
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

If someone had taken the trouble to read and apply for a casting call I'd placed, I would definitely reply.

If they hadn't taken the trouble to read it properly, and didn't fit the requirements then I probably wouldn't feel too bad about ignoring their message.

That said... I very rarely post casting calls.

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jonnywoo Njsphotography