This thread is being watched by 3 people
DLQ is off-line
04 October 2012 09:38
thedifferentone
Model
thedifferentone
Merseyside
Wirral

I am just curious as to why there is such a high supply of adult style shoots. Is this the reason that I have not recieved much interest - as I refuse to promote myself for adult purposes? Or is there just no interest in fashion, is my profile dated, or should I not be on here? I am just looking for slight direction and maybe suggestions, to improve my chances of being booked. I have been a member for a few years last time I used the site I was constantly being asked . . . has something changed? 

Thanks for reading.
the different one
seasons greetings :)

04 October 2012 09:54
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Yep things have changed.

Mostly because the easy money that was floating around a few years ago no longer exists so paid work is both much harder to find and even harder to win. There is virtually no money around for non-nude internet modelling - unless you're one of the few models that has a top-notch port.

In theory it should be easier for a good, versatile model to pick up work as there's less competition from other models.

Purestorm is still the best site for paid work but levels are key to winning any of it.

04 October 2012 09:55
rattusratus
Model

this is mainly an art nude and glamor site, there are some great photographers here and good non nude models but you have to work hard with good photographers to build up and amazing port and really sell yourself or youll probably just fall between the cracks, i believe mm has more of a fashion scene though
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

04 October 2012 10:33
Socialdisaster
Photographer

I think to be really successful at non-nude you've got to be right up there, top notch and all that. While you may be great and have oodles of experience, your port doesn't really support it. It's not camera-shot duckface bad, but it's not great either.

Maybe hunt down some photographers that do work you like, that would suit you, and get some excellent pics.

Oh, and, yes, sex sells, but that's life, not just PS.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

tomhl is off-line
04 October 2012 11:01
tomhl
Photographer
tomhl
Ayrshire
Dumfries,Ayr,Carlisle,Glasgow,Manchester

Quote from thedifferentone
I am just curious as to why there is such a high supply of adult style shoots. Is this the reason that I have not recieved much interest - as I refuse to promote myself for adult purposes?

If you pick up any fashion magazine - Wonderland, iD, POP, Vogue , LOVE etc... you will see that the photographs contain alot of nudity.
Personally I don't consider this type of modelling 'adult' , as professional fashion modelling has always had an edge & nudity to it. If you look at the great current fashion models - Kate Moss , Gisele Bundchen, Miranda Kerr & Heidi Klum they all do nude modelling.

You won't get much work with the levels that you have,   but thats a personal choice on how serious you want to be a model.

frown
My imagination wants to see the vivid colours of reality .

04 October 2012 11:05
Tansy_Blue
Model

There is next to no paid clothed work on Purestorm. Model Mayhem is a better bet for that, but almost all serious fashion work will go through agencies.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

04 October 2012 11:13
Tansy_Blue
Model

Quote from tomhl
You won't get much work with the levels that you have,   but thats a personal choice on how serious you want to be a model.

There is lots of nudity in fashion, but there are some very serious fashion models who don't do nude, notably Coco Rocha. Also any under-18 fashion model; Karlie Kloss for example does nudes now but was a supermodel before she turned 18.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

Paul Hodson is off-line
04 October 2012 11:34
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Well - nudity sells - whether that is equated with "sex" and "adult" is another matter.

TF should not be difficult to get as not all of us shoot at higher levels but as people have already said - there's not much paid work around for the majority of clothed models
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Phil_M is off-line
04 October 2012 11:49
Phil_M
Photographer
Phil_M
Greater Manchester
Stockport

I will often book a model who is comfortable with higher levels than I actualy need to shoot at.

This is because I have found that many of these models have more confidence and more modelling experience, I guess becuase of the issues with demand as highlighted above

I also like to work with the same model several times so again it's easy to do this if the model can fill the require brief whatever it is.

04 October 2012 12:09
1919_Images
Photographer

There's nothing wrong with your look and youre the type of model I'd shoot with but unfortunately your negative [neutral] reference would put me off.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carliegomez24 DanielleWx Kerrylou mandymack missbrook RoxyMendez Vellocet
ad360photo Beemer2009 Blancho copperbronze duncanjames funky HarishPadalia John_Adrian_Studios Mike103 pandaface read RichardJohnPhotograp riddell rossiter Scotography skymouse Spiritofwales TinDolls zzdigital
Discretion