Reminder Secure

Time for nothing - How often has it happened to you?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Gerry is off-line
07 October 2012 12:57
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

You have missunderstood the use of the word demanding - which is not the same as "demand".

If the model says on a shoot, when I have showed the pictures on back of camera - ooh I love that one, I want that, make sure you edit it and send it. I am not going to agree to that or start showing the pictures on a computer as bitter experience has taught me that they then start harrassing you to edit specific pictures when you have not had a chance to check if they are suitable. This has happened to me a number of times

How am I missrepresenting myself - please explain?

I have made no representation on my profile as to how a shoot goes - that is dealt with in the pre-shoot comms.

You are now trying to determine in practice how every photographer should conduct themselves.

We discuss it before the shoot is ever finalised, a private matter between us - and if they want to, they can check any of my numerous references before even considering to respond

In the end, its not really a big issue for me anyway, as I by and large work with the same models over and over again. The ones that are a pain over images, dont get re-booked

Also, the whole issue is photographers not supplying images - you seem to be coming up with something that will do nothing to change that except upset the workflow of those that do supply images - so I really have no idea what benefit your ideas have.

These are people who have booked shoots and have no intention or then decide not to supply images. What goes on on the shoot day will not change that

People need to check references more [actually ask other models] and steer clear of those with only a few. If models only booked TF's with photographers who had a good track record in supplying images, there would be no problem. Often though, it seems they book them without checking or taking a chance if there is no verifiable information available

If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

digineil is off-line
07 October 2012 13:53
digineil
Photographer
digineil
Staffordshire

Quote from Gerry99111

Also, the whole issue is photographers not supplying images - you seem to be coming up with something that will do nothing to change that except upset the workflow of those that do supply images - so I really have no idea what benefit your ideas have.

These are people who have booked shoots and have no intention or then decide not to supply images. What goes on on the shoot day will not change that

Just trying to help but you seem to want to make a argument.

I was not saying you had missreprented yourself on your port as I have not even looked at it but it does happen.

Yes the issue is about photographers not delivering ANY  images on TF shoots and that would I guess because they can't deliver what they promised.  All I suggested was to veiw the pre edited images to help the model see if the images were even worth chasing up and I can't see a problem with this in a TF shoot.

07 October 2012 16:37
AbiHillModel
Model

Just the one, but with hindsight I don't think i'm missing out much at all!
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

Philip Hartley is off-line
08 October 2012 05:08
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Quote from Bella0012
Thanks for all the comments, interesting to hear different takes on it. It is sad that it happens. I can really understand that some photographers dont want to let go of poor quality photos, I think I would be the same if I was a photo taker but surely honesty is the way forward? At least if the photographer is honest, the photos are poor a new shoot could be arrange to rectify what went wrong? As for my own experience, I'm not really fussed I still got shoot experience and my list of unreliables gets its first members haha

The flip side to this...  I am still waiting for the selection list from two models from shoots 15 months & 7 Months ago, both said they were very happy with the results from the shoot and had started to narrow their selection down, but their correspondence fizzled out after a few weeks and I never heard anything else. Both are still active on PS and other sites but I suppose by this time the images will be "Out of Date" portfolio wise.
If they do eventually send their choice of pics I will still edit and return them, but I  stopped reminding them  a couple of months after the shoot.
Say what you Mean and Mean what you Say

Barney Douglas is off-line
09 October 2012 06:51
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

I always try to provide low definition proofs in a zip file within 48 hours and I am happy to edit a selection up to a high standard.  I have been shooting complete calendars for several models on this site on a TF basis and marketing them on my own site (http://www.bd-shop.co.uk) and on Amazon on profit share.  Models do seem to like that.
"Simplicity in Photography for over 25 Years"

31 October 2012 12:22
Jackass
Photographer

Quote from JadedRed

I'm totally fine with that as long as the photographer sends my full rate for the shoot in money. Don't make me work and then not pay me or we are going to have a problem. Weirdly only seems to be a problem with TFP photographers, never had a photographer try to get away with not paying me with money after the shoot and the vast majority of my work was paid.

After the shoot? The first thing I do when I meet a model is pay her cos I'll forget otherwise, and it puts them in an embarrassing situation having to ask. I pay in cafes when I order for the same reason!
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
31 October 2012 12:58
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Quote from Jackass

After the shoot? The first thing I do when I meet a model is pay her cos I'll forget otherwise, and it puts them in an embarrassing situation having to ask. I pay in cafes when I order for the same reason!

Very rarely do others do this

CGW is off-line
31 October 2012 13:32
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from JenSomerfield

Very rarely do others do this

I forgot once, just dropped the model at the station then realized just before I pulled away, I had to jump out the car and just caught her before she went through the barrier.
Handing over some cash at the station entrance did draw some quizzical looks.....

edit: just realized you were referring to paying up front, not forgetting to pay!

Re TF, I load proofs up into a web gallery for the model to choose from, usually the evening of the shoot, then send web sized versions by email as I do them.

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
vahomemortgagelender