Reminder Secure

Time for nothing - How often has it happened to you?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
01 October 2012 10:26
Bella0012
Model

Out of curiosity how often have you arranged TFP / CD and simply not received a thing?

I have had a couple (from another site) that I'm yet to even see a glimpse of a photo,(From months ago) which is a shame as cars dont run for free but I expect the photographers have their reasons.
Just wondered if it was quite normal?

01 October 2012 10:32
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Nope. Not normal.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Ross McCullagh is off-line
01 October 2012 10:35
RossMcC
Photographer
RossMcC
Glasgow

If it were me and the images weren't up to scratch then I'd rather reimburse the model for travel etc. than have the pictures see the cold light of day.

01 October 2012 10:37
mgphotomedia
Photographer

It might be commonplace on other sites where one party might be inclined to take advantage of the other without fear of repercussions. You might be better off making such arrangements on Purestorm - assuming you can find the right photographers for the styles you're after here.

01 October 2012 10:42
Bella0012
Model

Quote from mgphotomedia
It might be commonplace on other sites where one party might be inclined to take advantage of the other without fear of repercussions. You might be better off making such arrangements on Purestorm - assuming you can find the right photographers for the styles you're after here.

Yea I have found the photographers on here much more reliable

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
01 October 2012 10:44
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

The beautiful model I've shown in my profile, "Unknown Model(currently)", has never collected her prints from me, despite me having told her they're ready and waiting for collection. She works just down the road from me, I see her regularly. Always friendly, always amenable to do another shoot,always says yes she must collect her prints, - but then never available, never does collect them, .... about fifty 7x5's, three 16 x 12's, Fuji Premium photographic paper traditionally printed, highest quality, .... now't so strange as folk as they say. Seems it's not everyone who really wants them!
I agree with Socialdisaster, not "normal" indeed unacceptable for a photographer not to provide them within a reasonable time.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
01 October 2012 10:45
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I thought it was commonplace for this to happen to models (judging from a close friend's experience).

Pick photographers wisely and don't be afraid to leave negative feedback is all you can do.

As for these two shoots - simply move on as their images were probably crap anyway (they usually are when they hold back).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Frank Sinnott is off-line
01 October 2012 10:50
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

There's been plenty of posts concerning models on here not getting images from photographer's. Happens on all sites it just shouldn't. All models that shoot with me walk away with a disc of images. For TFP it's the least they should expect. Or at the very least edited ones within a month.

Ross McCullagh is off-line
01 October 2012 11:00
RossMcC
Photographer
RossMcC
Glasgow

To be fair an amount of crap is still sent out to models from so-called reliable photographers. I think it's better for the photographer to hold back the pictures providing (s)he explains why they're doing this rather than send out drivel which will do themselves and the models no good at all.

Laura Jo is off-line
01 October 2012 14:07
Neonpink
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
Neonpink
Greater Manchester
Manchester

Its not the norm but it does happen.
Out of the 25-30 shoots ive had, only one photographer didnt send me photos even after me sending emails asking when they were to be sent. He made a stupid excuse about me having goosebumps and it'd ruined the photos!

Then I had another photographer take months to send a set of photos, after trying for weeks to chase them up and he finally sent them, I were even more disappointed when I got the photos sent over, my seven year old nephew could have done a better job! His existing photos in his port were much better compared to mine which I think annoyed me the most that he'd made little effort.

My advice if you're working TF is to be VERY careful and selective who you work with cos things like this happen if you dont choose wisely, its really frustating and time wasting x

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
csk_photography Studio1