Reminder Secure

How long is acceptable to wait for Images from a shoot?

Rocket is off-line
01 October 2012 10:24
Ryan_JM
Model

Hampshire
Portsmouth

Oh sorry, I didn't know I wasn't supposed too, now I do since it's been marked out, Wont do it again

Thats a fair point, I sometimes think the opposite though but, the photographers know what they're doing

Yeah I'll wait another week or so, well my images on my profile aren't amazing but since they're the images I have, and they A LOT better than the ones that I take myself lol. But thankyou

Well I just went through the email I got from the photographer explaining things he said I would get paid and he would give all the pictures he can get, but I'll wait for a bit

Thankyou all of you

Ella-mae is off-lineSilver Member
01 October 2012 10:47
Ellamae10
Model
Ellamae10
West Sussex
Worthing - But will travel WORLDWIDE!

Quote from Ryan_JM
Well I just went through the email I got from the photographer explaining things he said I would get paid and he would give all the pictures he can get 

With this in mind perhaps the one or two you have already seen ARE all he can get, if this was his exact wording i personally wouldn't pressure him anymore as it sounds like a flimsy arrangement that wasn't set in stone anyway. He has probably tried already with no luck...

As Social Disaster has already stated, if you are paid then you seldom get images in addition. That is essentially paying a model twice...

Best of luck either way!

A neat little space to write something profound and thought provoking...

Rocket is off-line
01 October 2012 11:12
Ryan_JM
Model

Hampshire
Portsmouth

Yeah i was thinking that after I wrote that haha

Darren Brade is off-line
03 October 2012 18:16
darrenbrade
Photographer
darrenbrade
London
London

Quote from Ryan_JM
I did a location shoot with 2 other models and a group of photographers just over a month ago, and we still haven't received all or even most of the images, we've only seen 1 or 2 (of each model), even though some of the images were great from our perspective when we did the shoot, we still haven't seen them. We keep on asking the Photographer who was in charge of this shoot, but we nothing comes of it, he just says he'll try and get them asap. It should'nt really take 1 month to edit images should it?

A good tip for group events is to get everyone's email so you can contact them direct. Have a business card so they can contact you too. Not everyone who organises these things are good on the networking side so it may be easier to do it yourself. Be prepared for photographers only wanting to deal with just the organiser though.

You also need to find out what the deal is for the photographers, if they are paying the organiser either at the event or as part of membership to a club, they may not be obligated to give pictures. Something always worth checking.

Treat group events as a way to network and not as a way to get pictures. You want contacts for exclusive time rather than a free for all.

Also, a month is not a long time for some people.
www.darrenbrade.com

Paul Berry is off-line
29 October 2012 08:58
PB001
Photographer
PB001
County Durham
Peterlee

Put the ball on the other foot (so to speak) I'm still waiting for a model or two to pick there chosen images from a selection I sent on a personalized web link. Their choice would go onto CD for them. I'm still waiting for a reply having emailed the link quite a while back.

Please don't pigeon hole photographers, we're not all 'forgetful'.
I’m a Pro commercial portrait photographer from the East Coast of Durham; I'm seriously crazy about photography, have been for a thousand years! I joined here to experience the dark side *smile*

29 October 2012 09:14
Gently_Erotic
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending

It is quite unusual for togs to provide pictures as well as pay - there are a very few who do it routinely, but they're rare.

If you had paid the tog, you'd be in the driving seat, but they paid you...

However, it matters if they specifically promised pictures: if they did, and don't come through, you could consider reflecting this in your feedback... But don't be too harsh!

So perhaps this is a learning experience - be really specific about what you agree: and consider giving a reduction in rates in return for a specified number of images if you really want to expand your portfolio.

Tony T is off-lineGold Member
29 October 2012 09:39
tthompson01
Photographer
tthompson01
Lincolnshire
Grantham

Quote from Ryan_JM
Oh sorry, I didn't know I wasn't supposed too, now I do since it's been marked out, Wont do it again Thats a fair point, I sometimes think the opposite though but, the photographers know what they're doing Yeah I'll wait another week or so, well my images on my profile aren't amazing but since they're the images I have, and they A LOT better than the ones that I take myself lol. But thankyou Well I just went through the email I got from the photographer explaining things he said I would get paid and he would give all the pictures he can get,

You have your answer in the last line of your post above, (he agreed to give you all the pictures he can get) so if he isn't sent any from the photographers who attended then you get none.)

You should remember many photographers who attend group shoots do so to improve their work, you may have seen shots on the back of a camera that looked OK but when the photographers viewed them on a computer they may not have been so good. They may then be too embarrassed to send the images to the photographer who organised the shoot (and as they probably paid to attend they are not obliged to supply any).

You have no comeback you got paid and the photographer who organised it has kept his side, (if he didn't receive any images from the other photographers).

Learn from it and move on.
A camera is just a box, any image produced with it emanates from the eye and mind of it's opperator.

J K is off-line
30 October 2012 07:01
BenwellHopper
Photographer
BenwellHopper
Tyne and Wear
newcastle upon tyne

Depends on the format
polaroid, 5mins
collodion, unvarnished 20mins, varnished a week
daguerreotype, 2 days
paper neg, 1 day
film, a week unless deved on site 1 day
Digital, three months

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin MissCaraJane
bengie dby47 dorrian gwentman iestyn JRFox keltica Kimily Matt1988 mlp plld robhillphoto snarf Sp_digital Steveh32 TinDolls WellandPhoto Willjamieson