Reminder Secure

How long is acceptable to wait for Images from a shoot?

Rocket is off-line
01 October 2012 08:28
Ryan_JM
Model

Hampshire
Portsmouth

I did a location shoot with 2 other models and a group of photographers just over a month ago, and we still haven't received all or even most of the images, we've only seen 1 or 2 (of each model), even though some of the images were great from our perspective when we did the shoot, we still haven't seen them. We keep on asking the Photographer who was in charge of this shoot, but we nothing comes of it, he just says he'll try and get them asap. It should'nt really take 1 month to edit images should it?

01 October 2012 08:35
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Quote from Ryan_JM
I did a location shoot with 2 other models and a group of photographers just over a month ago, and we still haven't received all or even most of the images, we've only seen 1 or 2 (of each model), even though some of the images were great from our perspective when we did the shoot, we still haven't seen them. We keep on asking the Photographer who was in charge of this shoot, but we nothing comes of it, he just says he'll try and get them asap. It should'nt really take 1 month to edit images should it?

If he/they are busy with paid work it might do. Many photographers will give paid work priority over TF so it's important to agree timescales before a shoot.

I'm assuming it was TF.

Rocket is off-line
01 October 2012 08:43
Ryan_JM
Model

Hampshire
Portsmouth

It was paid, only £25 though

WebModerator is a moderator
01 October 2012 08:57
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

Quote from Ryan_JM
I did a location shoot with 2 other models and a group of photographers

One of the biggest problems we see involving Group Shoots where models work with multiple - often unknown or non-member - photographers is the lack of expected images which eventually materialise. This is one of the primary reasons why for some time we have only allowed registered Hire Studio account holders to promote this type of event (unless it is a non-commercial Community Event which complies with Purestorm Guidelines). We work on the assumption that bona fide Hire Studio businesses will try to maintain their good reputation by looking after the interests of all attendees, whereas we know from bitter experience that many 'Events Organiser' photographer or model account holders will just close their profile if a multi-photographer event goes wrong or if photographers attending the event vanish without providing models with agreed recompense and/or expected images.

If this event was organised by one of our Hire Studio members through this site and part of the arrangement was the provision of portfolio images please contact them via PM to ask them to honour any agreement made when the booking was placed, and if the reply does not adequately answer your queries use the [Report this email to Admin] link for our attention.

01 October 2012 09:09
BaileyK
Model

If you get paid then you don't always get the images,
Obviously it seems it was agreed you did.
Perhaps he is genuinely busy

01 October 2012 09:26
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Quote from Ryan_JM
It was paid, only £25 though

Given your level of experience (and the fact you're male!) I'd say you did pretty well to get paid at all - so that's a bonus.

It could be that none of the shots met the photographers' expectations but they'd rather not tell you in case it causes bad feeling. Who knows.

But I'd tend to look at it as having been an opportunity to build on your experience and to network, with the benefit of pay, and if any of the images do eventually materialise then so much the better.

Ella-mae is off-lineSilver Member
01 October 2012 09:48
Ellamae10
Model
Ellamae10
West Sussex
Worthing - But will travel WORLDWIDE!

Quote from mgphotomedia
Given your level of experience (and the fact you're male!) I'd say you did pretty well to get paid at all - so that's a bonus.

It could be that none of the shots met the photographers' expectations but they'd rather not tell you in case it causes bad feeling. Who knows.

But I'd tend to look at it as having been an opportunity to build on your experience and to network, with the benefit of pay, and if any of the images do eventually materialise then so much the better.

+1

Perhaps leave it a week, then message the photographer(s) to ask if you simply haven't seen anymore images because they did not come out as they expected?? If not no worries, perhaps just ask to see the images so you can view what went wrong then take that away from the experience.

At least you have been paid something (£25 + 1 or 2 images) and it hasn't been a complete loss for you...

Hope this helps!
A neat little space to write something profound and thought provoking...

Rocket is off-line
01 October 2012 09:49
Ryan_JM
Model

Hampshire
Portsmouth

Nah it was organised by a photographer by name of  #####, well as we went along we would look at the shots we took, and even the photographers said they loved the shots.

However I would rather just get told if they weren't good enough, because I could then gain from it and try to improve what I did wrong ect, I just want to see the images so I can add them to my portfolio.

Ella-mae is off-lineSilver Member
01 October 2012 10:02
Ellamae10
Model
Ellamae10
West Sussex
Worthing - But will travel WORLDWIDE!

Quote from Ryan_JM
Nah it was organised by a photographer by name of #####, well as we went along we would look at the shots we took, and even the photographers said they loved the shots. However I would rather just get told if they weren't good enough, because I could then gain from it and try to improve what I did wrong ect, I just want to see the images so I can add them to my portfolio.

I would probably refrain from mentioning anyones name at this stage.. It won't make other photographers exactly jump at the chance to work with you just as a warning... It doesn't really benefit anyone to know either.

Also what the photographer can see in the back of the camera on the day, and what they get on the PC at home can be so different. The same also goes for what they tell you on the day...

The only person who can answer if they weren't good enough are the photographer's, so i would just leave it a few more days and then message as i have said above. But out of interest, why if they weren't good enough would you want to have them anywhere near your portfolio? It should be quality over quantity... You have no idea if they are port worthy just yet.... So if i were you i would just message to see and then take it from there.

In answer to your original question of waiting for images, however long was arranged between you all really.. I sometimes receive images that same night, or some as much as a month later... Photographers can be busy and paid work takes priority, as it of course does with models... Some images are also worth waiting for! 

A neat little space to write something profound and thought provoking...

01 October 2012 10:10
Socialdisaster
Photographer

I'm not sure why you think you are getting photos, as you were paid?

Maybe the person who organised it can't get any, because none of the photographers understand it, either?
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
RoxyMendez
andygstudios anthonyh bbphotos Belemboo Clickrshots cliffc davejohn davkit djb1 flashbangwallop Funder005 grin2009 HarishPadalia JRFox Ladiesman Matt1988 mlp nemesis peterh Pmeswani poah redbaron rscott360 RupertRudd simpson_shoots sinimiphotography skymouse Thelfcdude888 thestarglider xposed zzdigital
Matt