Reminder Secure

Plus sized Art Nude Models

This thread is being watched by 1 person
02 October 2012 08:23
nath88
Model

I dont think it matters on suze its the pose and lighting that makes it in my opinion.

In this day and age a 12 is classed as plus size by some agencies and im only an inch off it hip wise yet most wouldnt class me as plus size.

Considering its tasteful and usually done to show off the natural female form what is more natural than a "real" woman, curves and all.

Nat x
Now Brunette...

Chrissie Red is off-line
02 October 2012 10:30
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from nath88 what is more natural than a "real" woman, curves and all. Nat x

Isn't a real woman just a lady who has breasts and a vagina? 
A lady who is a size 4 with no curves is still a real woman..

Paul Hodson is off-line
02 October 2012 10:57
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Isn't a real woman just a lady who has breasts and a vagina? 
A lady who is a size 4 with no curves is still a real woman..

Huh!  You tall slim girls are just blokes really!  surprise
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Profile Pictures is off-line
02 October 2012 11:00
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

It's less about size than aptitude. There are bigger and smaller ladies who are better and worse at modelling. Nude is on one hand possibly easier to get paid as it's more rare, and less easy to get right as there's no props involved.

This 'real' woman thing, who dictates that anyway?

Katie Soze is off-line
02 October 2012 11:09
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

I take pictures of bigger ladies regularly.

I prefer looking at them to skinny girls but that's from a completely non-sexual point of view.

If I was a 50 year old man and I had some money in my pocket to pay a model to spend time with me naked for 3 hours my opinion might be a lot different.

Chrissie Red is off-line
02 October 2012 11:43
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from katiesoze
I take pictures of bigger ladies regularly. I prefer looking at them to skinny girls but that's from a completely non-sexual point of view. If I was a 50 year old man and I had some money in my pocket to pay a model to spend time with me naked for 3 hours my opinion might be a lot different.

So it would be fair to say that you think the majority of photographers book models because they look at them from a sexual viewpoint?

I prefer slimmer models, not because I want to have sex with them - I mentioned on the first page my reasons why I have the preference I do so I can understand entirely why male photographers would have the same preference as me when it comes to shooting models. There is a difference between photographically what you find attractive and what you sexually find attractive. Some prefer slim models and others prefer larger models, nobody is wrong.. 

Kev W is off-lineSilver Member
03 October 2012 04:01
Follyhouse
Photographer
Follyhouse
Leicestershire
Hinckley

I expect there's a graph somewhere that illustrates the relationship of waist & hip ratios to artistic integrity

03 October 2012 04:18
mgphotomedia
Photographer

There's an image by Gary Breckheimer that features a nude BBW that I've always fancied using as inspiration for a shoot. However all the suitably sized models I've approached initially gush with enthusiasm but then bottle out. I think they're all too body-conscious - at least the ones I've spoken to are.

Jenna Lou is off-line
03 October 2012 06:49
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

I love seeing art nude images and I don't mind if the model is slim or plus size. If it's a beautfiul image, should it matter what size the model is?

As someone said above, slim models and plus size models create different shadows when doing this genre. It's all down the personal taste really.

I done my first nude shoot earlier this year and although I was nervous and worried about what the images would look like, I soon lost the nerves, enjoyed myself and actually loved the images I received. (I would show some here but I don't know how).

07 October 2012 06:15
Tansy_Blue
Model

I consider myself plus-sized because of my crazy hips and thighs. And I do a lot of art nude work.

I get a lot of good reactions particularly from art classes who like that I resemble the artists' models of the Renaissance. It helps that I can bend interestingly.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Michelledefeo1 Welshrose2009
63jian antoinewynn Billyboy57 BOBREEVES cgwebster ChrisD ElegantCaptures jackw john_at_tina_spice keltica Ladiesman magpie1 martinchristie redbaron Rtnphotography stevegosh Steveh32 Steveharratt walton
kerandastudio2