This thread is being watched by 2 people
photo_phil is off-line
30 September 2012 07:46
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

I think it should really only be a problem if you have to travel and rely on public transport.

I was a full time single parent for five years, full time job with unsociable hours and no family to help within two hours.
I managed it.

30 September 2012 09:43
BaileyK
Model

Quote from For_Arts_Sake
So that's why you are giving up modelling to higher levels ...

Its none of your business anyway.

30 September 2012 11:14
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from MaoZhu
Call me old fashioned, but why is the child's dad not doing his fair share and looking after the child whilst you work?

Who is this aimed at please?

If me - because he is busy working full time as well.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

30 September 2012 13:31
rattusratus
Model

Quote from JennyWren
Who is this aimed at please? If me - because he is busy working full time as well.

i thought the same

there are alway occasions when a babysitter is required - esspecially if both parents work to support the child (which should be implied by jenny's post as its impossable to raise a child on £300 alone)
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

Aston Wilde is off-lineSilver Member
30 September 2012 18:17
ndcent007
Model
ndcent007
Shropshire
telford

i suppose its not easy. but then what other job could fit around your child better than modelling? small hours , great pay and you give yourself more dedication to keep on top of your health and looks. The only problem i seem to have is missing her on trips away and also because the type of level i do and the publishing, whether this will interfere with her life as she gets older.

other than that i think its one of the best jobs a mum could have!

Mao Zhu Photography is off-line
01 October 2012 05:57
MaoZhu
Photographer

Wiltshire
Warminster

Quote from JennyWren

Who is this aimed at please?

If me - because he is busy working full time as well.

As you are not the OP how can it be aimed at you.

My comment is aimed at some fathers who seem to absolve themselves of all responsibility for child care when the mother is working and jealous fathers that take offence at women that model.

There is no way I am getting at models. I apologise to models if that is what you thought. My gripe is with a lot of men that cant stand their partners modelling and do a runner when baby comes along.

I do not know whether the OP falls into the category that has a partner like that, that is why I raised the question, to provoke a discussion about many mens attitude to these things.

01 October 2012 09:39
cathfazaxxx
Model

I am not saying if I am pregnant or not, I just made the fourm to see what other young model mums views was on whether they can still have a successful modelling career whilst having a young child.

Men these days do run once the girlfriend is suddenly pregnant and end up on Jeremy Kyle. It's the 21st century sadly. Not many relationships are like the olden days.

*dont let go of something you cant go a day without thinking of* <3

01 October 2012 09:41
BaileyK
Model

Quote from cathfazaxxx
I am not saying if I am pregnant or not, I just made the fourm to see what other young model mums views was on whether they can still have a successful modelling career whilst having a young child. Men these days do run once the girlfriend is suddenly pregnant and end up on Jeremy Kyle. It's the 21st century sadly. Not many relationships are like the olden days.

No darling, those people aren't men.

Mao Zhu Photography is off-line
01 October 2012 09:51
MaoZhu
Photographer

Wiltshire
Warminster

Quote from BaileyK
No darling, those people aren't men.

+1

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
CJ2015B DareMeDD evajohnson MissCaraJane QueenDeeVa01 RoxyMendez Sammy_Louise
BOBREEVES carshaltonkev chandos chicimages DabImagery Daveinsurrey Essexjohn gerry99111 goZzee hylander ianbutty JRFox Kjoservices mikehemmings modelboutique myp55 Opalapertures orca_photography PhilWinterbourne PHP_Photography redbaron robhillphoto snappychap sniffer stevegosh Stevew1 TinDolls