Reminder Secure

Young Mums & Modelling

This thread is being watched by 2 people
29 September 2012 11:51
cathfazaxxx
Model

Is it hard for young modelling mums aged 18-24 to still do modelling as a full time career and also be a parent to their young child?
*dont let go of something you cant go a day without thinking of* <3

HowardJ is off-line
29 September 2012 12:06
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I think the answer will be yes. It's generally hard to be a Mum and doing a job at the same time makes it harder. If you can get support from family and friends it's easier and cheaper as child care is very expensive.

29 September 2012 14:52
comemodelling
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Most of the young female models ive worked with have a young child and although it is difficult they all seem to manage ok. Different people handle things differently though !

29 September 2012 15:01
miss_starkey20
Model

Iam a mum a model and full time student iam lucky to get help from my nan but i love always being on the go x

30 September 2012 00:57
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

I'm a mum, not a full time model, but a full time administrator and my childcare costs are astronomical, I would probably be better off not working, but, I like my job.

I can imagine that being a full time model is even harder, as you would not have a means of knowing when you will need childcare in advance, so, unless you can get help from family or friends on an ad-hoc basis, I should think think it is near impossible.

After I pay my childcare costs, I am left with £300 odd of my wages...
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

Ed is off-line
30 September 2012 02:34
For_Arts_Sake
Photographer

Somerset

So that's why you are giving up modelling to higher levels ...

30 September 2012 04:06
cathfazaxxx
Model

Quote from For_Arts_Sake
So that's why you are giving up modelling to higher levels ...

No, I'm giving up Adult as I never enjoyed it, why do soemthing you dread just for money? I wanted the money for a car, I got the car now I don't need to do Adult.
*dont let go of something you cant go a day without thinking of* <3

Lucie-Jae is off-line
30 September 2012 04:16
lucie_jae
Model
lucie_jae
Surrey
Kingston

M 22 & have a nearly 9 month old. I found (& still find) it difficult to work around my daughter as shoots can last all day, having to find time to get ready, a babysitter, travel etc is very hard. Before I had her I modelled full time & I was happy to travel for work but at the moment I will only work from home or locally. & I can only manage a shoot when I have time. I think its do-able but its hard to juggle.x

Ed is off-line
30 September 2012 04:44
For_Arts_Sake
Photographer

Somerset

Quote from cathfazaxxx

No, I'm giving up Adult as I never enjoyed it, why do soemthing you dread just for money? I wanted the money for a car, I got the car now I don't need to do Adult.

fair enough

Mao Zhu Photography is off-line
30 September 2012 06:10
MaoZhu
Photographer

Wiltshire
Warminster

Call me old fashioned, but why is the child's dad not doing his fair share and looking after the child whilst you work?

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ayaphilips CJ2015B RoxyMendez rubyrosetta Sarahlou73 Stephieb27 stevepm zavego
63jian Abbott chicimages digartlondon ElegantCaptures GSC4X James7799 JRFox Matt1988 nemesis nonoizephotography panda49 philippahh PhilWinterbourne redbaron robhillphoto Thunder_Photos tms trevski
photo39
matt