New model

Rinoa Rose is off-line
28 September 2012 16:36
ClaudiaRinoaRose
Model

Cheshire
Warrington

Hi

I am a new model and was wondering if anyone had any advice as to where to start with shoots and the best way to build up a professional porfolio. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Claudia x

28 September 2012 17:23
mgphotomedia
Photographer

I would add this one (from your website) to your port:

http://claudiarinoa93.wix.com/claudiarinoarose#!untitled/zoom/citr/image253d

Then contact some of the photographers in the following list (choose ones whose style you like) to see if any are interested in a shoot:

Cheshire photographers offering TF

Good luck

Elaine  is off-lineSilver Member
29 September 2012 09:40
seeryder
Model
seeryder
West Yorkshire
Wakefield

As has been said many times to models just joining Purestorm, be careful with any messages you get as a newcomer. Then find a reputable local photographer and get some shots done tfp which means you get pictures but no pay. If you want to do this for fun thats fine, but if you expect payment then you will have to do nude.

29 September 2012 10:00
AbiHillModel
Model

Quote from seeryder
As has been said many times to models just joining Purestorm, be careful with any messages you get as a newcomer. Then find a reputable local photographer and get some shots done tfp which means you get pictures but no pay. If you want to do this for fun thats fine, but if you expect payment then you will have to do nude.

This.

As you don't really fit the traditional mould for fashion or glamour, nude is probably going to be where the money is for you.

Make sure the people you TF with can give you good quality images, that show you off well. I generally follow the rule of thumb that for TF, a complete stranger should be able to match a polaroid of you to the shot to make it book worthy - if a photo is so wildly creative that you can't tell it's you (and it could have been any Tom, Dick or Harry), its of little use to your portfolio which is what you will be using to market yourself for photographers.

Also, don't be afraid to invest in your portfolio and pay a good local photographer who can really make your work stand out - I know TF is the currency of choice on here but paying a good photographer (it doesn't necessarily have to be anyone absurdly expensive) can really make a huge difference to the quality of your portfolio.

Other little pointers:
-Unedited photos are of little use, when negotiating TFs pay attention to what they will retouch and the time frame.
-Go with your gut instinct...if someone comes across creepy on an email, they may well be creepy in real life.
-Always always ALWAYS communicate in the run up to the shoot, and re-confirm on the morning. Also get in touch with a photographer ASAP if you're running late for whatever reason, to avoid the no-show negative feedback etc.
-Practice in the mirror. Trust me, it works.
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

Paul Hodson is off-line
29 September 2012 10:24
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from AbiHillModel
This. As you don't really fit the traditional mould for fashion or glamour, nude is probably going to be where the money is for you.

Which, as she has not even listed topless, might be a problem..........laugh
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

29 September 2012 11:38
AbiHillModel
Model

Quote from mph
Which, as she has not even listed topless, might be a problem..........

Indeed.

ETA: With that being said, if she's a new model she may still be deliberating as to whether to take on nude work etc. I haven't done it, don't have it listed and currently refuse all offers of it, but wouldn't rule out shooting it in the future. And i've been modelling years now. It's a big jump to take.
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

Rinoa Rose is off-line
29 September 2012 22:43
ClaudiaRinoaRose
Model

Cheshire
Warrington

hi what would you class as traditional model mould

Pete Whelan is off-line
30 September 2012 03:58
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

Quote from ClaudiaRinoaRose
hi what would you class as traditional model mould

www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

Rinoa Rose is off-line
30 September 2012 04:05
ClaudiaRinoaRose
Model

Cheshire
Warrington

what do you mean by that vipimages

TarMoo is off-line
30 September 2012 04:29
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Quote from ClaudiaRinoaRose
what do you mean by that vipimages

Admiral Akbar is a character from Star Wars whose famous line was "it's a trap". In this context it means that he doesn't want to say that a "traditional model" (fashion) is usually about 5'8" and size 6.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
emmaloux MissCaraJane pinklilly QueenDeeVa01 RoxyMendez Sammy_Louise Sarahlou73
ad360photo antoinewynn chandos david1500 iestyn john_at_tina_spice Jpdo JRFox lemonvalleystudio Matt1988 Peter_d_photography peterh PhilWinterbourne rscott360 ScottMCCCXIV shinywear Shootonlocation Steveh32 tigerman usha13