Reminder Secure

Tanning cream

27 September 2012 10:26
RobTheLifeModel
Model

Can someone possibly advise me on creams and other ways to add a bit of a tan to my body? I’ve recently started to remove my body hair as it was increasingly demanded by photographers. I’ve don’t this by using hair removal cream as I’m too much of a wimp to go for the full wax!! The trouble is that when the hair goes it leaves my skin looking quite pale and so I’m trying to find ways to add bit of colour. I don’t want a full tan just want to add a bit of a glow. I’ve used my wife’s cream which is made by Dove and I think its called summer gold or something. Is this ok to use or is there something better. I’ve heard about the negative health effects of using too much fo this stuff so want something that is safe.Grateful for any help/advice.Thanks.Rob

zoepinknose  is off-lineSilver Member
27 September 2012 10:29
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

Johnsons holiday sun, just make sure you wash your hands after!
Never a dull moment

Cinddy_ is off-line
27 September 2012 11:21
Cinddy_
Model
Cinddy_
West Midlands
Dudley

The tanning mousse from Garnier is very good,gives you an even skintone. Use a body scrub before tanning,it exfoliates your skin and improves tanning. Don't use moisturizer before tanning! You can get tanning gloves at Boots or Superdrug so your hands don't go brown.
Cinddy

27 September 2012 11:23
laurenlangley
Model

Any gradual tanning product, St Tropez do a good one, or for a cheaper alternative, Dove do one that is pretty good.As mentioned wash your hands(scrubbing, with soap) afterwards.There are youtube tutorials for the application of tanning creams I suggest you watch for application tips.
I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your Internet-assembled philosophy

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
27 September 2012 11:32
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

I never use it myself, but I have talked to several models who have and pro models seem to swear by Fake Bake or St Tropez. I have noticed less models using it these days. Or maybe they use it so well I do not notice?!
As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

27 September 2012 12:48
laurenlangley
Model

I will not use it anymore.I either have a natural tan from careful sunbathing, or my skin will be natural.I am lucky my skin maintains a little colour anyway.tan makes one look a little slimmer and more toned.However I find that even carefully applied tan cause so many imperfections on camera, its not worth it.A gradual tanner close to your own skin tone is very subtle so I doubt it would cause as many problems.

XTEN tan was the very expensive one I used and it gave a gorgeous colour to the naked eye but on camera, hands and feet were still a give-away.And I know all the application tricks.A professional spray tan costs less these days and is an option.

Funnily enough if I drink three glasses of carrot juice a day it gives me a natural glow after a couple of weeks due to the beta carotene (I'm always snacking on carrots also), however it is only a slight difference and I doubt most people would want to commit to that, lol.

28 September 2012 05:26
AbiHillModel
Model

Just an FYI, but those hair removal creams don't do much good for your skin in the long term when you think about what they actually contain, which in turn will affect how your bottled tan develops on your skin. You could use the best stuff in the world but if it contains something that conflicts with an ingredient in the hair removal cream you'll have all the ingredients for a blotchy tan or an allergic reaction.

Stop being a wimp and get waxed, by a professional, in a reputable salon. I used to veet my legs and wonder why my tan never looked even, now I wax and my skin has never been better, bare or tanned. Also, I only need to wax every 6-8 weeks now because repeated treatment slows down the hair growth cycle.
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

28 September 2012 08:49
laurenlangley
Model

Quote from AbiHillModel
Just an FYI, but those hair removal creams don't do much good for your skin in the long term when you think about what they actually contain, which in turn will affect how your bottled tan develops on your skin. You could use the best stuff in the world but if it contains something that conflicts with an ingredient in the hair removal cream you'll have all the ingredients for a blotchy tan or an allergic reaction. Stop being a wimp and get waxed, by a professional, in a reputable salon. I used to veet my legs and wonder why my tan never looked even, now I wax and my skin has never been better, bare or tanned. Also, I only need to wax every 6-8 weeks now because repeated treatment slows down the hair growth cycle.

+1

Tanning creams are really unreliable over depilatory creams, often coming out patchy or not at all!I should have mentioned that too hehe x

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Candykisses DanielleWx Lucina Scarlett_rose14 Stephieb27 toxicinnocence
63jian david1500 funky HarishPadalia kimsandman2 Kjoservices Ladiesman michaelangelo mlp panda49 psn Quad1 Studio1 thelook
harbourstudio