Reminder Secure

photographer,

This thread is currently locked
17 September 2012 05:10
Sineadbear_xo
Model

So i'm not sure how to handle this, or if i am in the wrong here, but i had a photoshoot booked on the saturday afternoon, i got awoken on the day saying my nanna had been rushed into hospital, i woke up and left to go, soon as i had the time i got in contact with the tog, apoligizeing about not contacting him and that i was deeply sorry and explained the situation,
I come onto purestorm and i am kind of being harrassed by him now saying oh you are doing photoshoots your nanna must be better very fast,
I have not done any shoots , i added a picture from a previous shoot and hes now jumping to the gun. i would understand if it was a studio shoot that he would be angry for setting up etc, but it was a location,

Am i in the wrong here? and how should i handle these angry messages, i didnt explain what was wrong with my nanna so even if she was better now there should be no reason to be reciving loads of messages?

Beachview is off-line
17 September 2012 05:23
BeachView
Photographer
BeachView
Cambridgeshire
Cambridge

The photographer has a choice not to work with you if he/she doesn't trust you about your nannna's illness but has no right to keep sending you the messages. It's petty, childish and rude.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
17 September 2012 05:26
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from BeachView
The photographer has a choice not to work with you if he/she doesn't trust you about your nannna's illness but has no right to keep sending you the messages. It's petty, childish and rude.

+1

Although that sadly accounts for a large proportion of photographers on these sites.

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

ChrisS is off-line
17 September 2012 05:27
TheChrisS
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

I would just click the "Ignore Member" button.

Just because you poppped onto this site it doesn't automatically mean you're doing photoshoots.

Anyway I hope your Nan gets well soon

17 September 2012 05:33
Sineadbear_xo
Model

I have not asked to work with him again, i simply texted him saying everything, i came on here to message another photographer to let them know and reply to my mail, so i don't seem ignorant, i can understand he will be slightly annoyed but hes messaged me twice now saying ive done photoshoots when i have not done anything hence my last refrence is on the 4th of september

And thank you very much shes doing okay for now.

17 September 2012 05:38
Socialdisaster
Photographer

It's important to understand that many photographer's hear many excuses from models and the sick relative is probably no.1.

However that doesn't give him the right to keep messaging you. Once, ok, I think that's fair maybe, regardless of the reality. But not more.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

17 September 2012 05:43
Sineadbear_xo
Model

Yeah like i said i understand, why he is angry, hes a gold memember and has many refrences, so in the way which he was coming across in the messages i was rather shocked he was being very rude, but he has not messaged me back now.

So i am guessing it is being left to die now,

I can understand why hes being this way as models can lie and make excuses up but its rather upsetting when it is actualy true and someone is being really rude about it

17 September 2012 05:54
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Sorry to hear your nanna isn't well - I hope it isn't too serious. My father's health has been very poor over the last 3 months entailing several emergency admissions to hospital so I know how you feel. However

Quote from Sineadbear_xo
... soon as i had the time i got in contact with the tog, apoligizeing about not contacting him ...

... Am i in the wrong here?

The thing that would bug me is if you didn't at least text me as soon as you knew you wouldn't be able to make the shoot. It takes a few seconds to do. To leave the photographer in a situation where he's expecting you to turn up when you have no intention or are unable to do so is unacceptable in my book. All it needed is a quick "Sorry can't make shoot, will call you later to explain."

Quote from Sineadbear_xo
... how should i handle these angry messages

Just tell him he's at liberty to leave an appropriate reference if he feels the need then block him.

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
17 September 2012 06:01
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

A nana rushed into hospital is possibly no.1 in the excuses list (heard it a few times myself) and unfortunately its the minority that lie and make these excuses that spoil it (or cast doubt) on the genuine cases like yours.

Even if it was the truth or a lie he has no right to get snotty about it as he has no way of knowing which is correct.

I had to cancel a shoot due to my mother being rushed into hospital, so it happens both ways.

Some photographers have the frame of mind, if a model cancels then that is it, no second chance. Thats fine and upto them. Dont let it worry you.

17 September 2012 06:02
Sineadbear_xo
Model

hes made no further contact with me so i am assumeing its being left now,

I do understand what you mean just first thing on my mind was going to see if my nanna was okay , i know i should have texted but was all abit hetic spare of the moment thing so its a bit off a crappy situations for me and the photographer i do understand on both parts i just think the messageing was not needed, i contacted him as soon as i could one them moment that just happend to quickly for me,

Sorry to hear about your father

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Faye Samanthajane4
Andy_B Auctioneer eosfan PDCPhotos rscott360