Paul Hodson is off-line
15 September 2012 12:25
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from lucie_jae
POV?? - not come across that term before? (Maybe I have just not abbreviated lol)

Bear in mind it has another possible meaning - or context at least - related to model photography which is outside the realms of this site. (also see Gonzo)
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
15 September 2012 12:26
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Quote from Sarge

Why?

When i do a shoot i will give the model a DVD with 3 files.
File 1 will include ALL the photos - unedited. Then she/her can do what they please or learn from some of their poses and find what works and what doesnt.
File 2 will include a selection of edited photos of mine and the models choice. This can be anything between 10 and 30.
File 3 will be all the edited ones but at a reduced size for web (saving the model time).

Why should someone avoid me? er, apart from the sarcastic comments someone will now make

POV = Point Of View.

Forgot to mention, what i also do is either email some images over to the model on the evening or add them to FaceBook if they wish so they can see some that night.

Chrissie Red is off-line
15 September 2012 13:40
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Personally - I like maybe a couple of edited images from a set - the ones the photographer has selected will do me nicely.
When i collaborate its generally with people who's work I admire, I trust their judgement when it comes to images after all my portfolio is to attract other photographers.
I like websized images either sent via e-mail or a hosting website. I dislike CD's and I have no space on my computer for unedited full sized images. If I want a picture at full res for my print portfolio then it would be nice to receive a couple of them too if I ask..

I have always covered my own travel expenses, a couple of times I have paid half of the studio hire costs also.

So I expect maybe about 10 images from a 4 hour shoot, I would prefer them to be sent via e-mail. I don't want full size raw images because they are useless to me. I prefer getting edited images back as quickly as possible but happy to wait up to 3 weeks - any longer and I start to get a little frustrated. The best time frame though is within a few days, I like photographers to be as bouncy as me after a shoot and want to edit the pictures because they are excited by them. On the rare occasions I've had to wait much longer I've ended up not using the images at all.

Gerry is online
15 September 2012 14:19
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Depends entirely on the style of shoot. Two or three retouched beauty shots are a lot of work.

12 lightly edited natural light "pretty" shots may be quite easy to do.

Also, the quality of the photography should be taken into account - not something that you can necessarily judge as you only see the finished picture - but most people who are competant behind the camera can make a photo look great with some post work.

Be honest with the photographer before hand if you have any skin or body parts you feel need a bit more editing than the normal model spots and marks - it means you both get off onto the right foot and can concentrate on getting some great images. Any extra editing will increase the time taken - but you want the right number of well produced images, not lots of mediochre ones.

A few people can edit well, there are a fair few who are competant at editing but also a lot of people either edit badly or not at all.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

15 September 2012 14:54
AbiHillModel
Model

-Best ten images, within a month unless otherwise stated. Any more than that are no use to me. I normally only put 2 or 3 in my book at a time.

-No/minimal watermark so I can use them in print and online portfolios (my agency prefer unwatermarked images wherever possible).

-Professional looking retouching. Aka no excessively blurry skin, weird colour replacements or anything that looks like a myspace edit for some scene kid. I need it to look like me, not look like what i'd look like if Mattel made "plus size barbie"
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

Minty is off-line
15 September 2012 15:50
Dickymint
Photographer
Dickymint
Lincolnshire
Grantham

I offer a leather DVD folio that has a DVD with only the best edited images and a 5 x 5 print in the inside cover.
Lunch and refreshments are also offered if the shoots is 4 hours or more.
Minty

15 September 2012 15:51
Tansy_Blue
Model

Personally, I like 2 or 3 shots from each set. I prefer seeing all the unedited shots, so I can be self-critical and also so that I can make my own selections, but I don't mind it when photographers make the selections; like Chrissie I only trade with people whose judgement I trust. Overall, I normally expect 10 - 15 shots from an entire shoot. It normally takes about a fortnight to receive images; up to a month is all right in my book, up to two is acceptable, more than two months is just taking the Tansy_Blue is a naughty person . I always pay my own travel, although when I was new and super broke I sometimes got my travel refunded simply so I could afford to get to the shoot. Sometimes I split other costs like studio and make up artist as well.

All of this can be renegotiated with the photographer of course. Hope that helps.

Oh, and I didn't mind downloading files or getting an email, but I always end up burning everything to disc regardless.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Ashleighmckenzie katielouxox miles PrincessPixie1
ad360photo Arterotica chriscooze ellessephotography frankpht Funder005 gerry99111 James7799 jonnywoo Kimily Ladiesman Modelphotoireland nemesis peterh photostevo poah rod_m99 rscott360 streetmodel tigerman tms two_stops woody