Lucie-Jae is off-line
15 September 2012 11:21
lucie_jae
Model
lucie_jae
Surrey
Kingston

Hiya!
I was just wondering... Obviously everyone is different, but what do YOU expect from a TFP shoot?
Do you like to have a CD of all unedits + a few edits, if so, how many? When do you expect the edits? How long do you usually shoot? Who covers travel....

Random query
Xx

15 September 2012 11:23
bartman11
Photographer

It will change from shoot to shoot i would have thought.

Decide and discuss with the photographer then choose who to shoot with from there.

15 September 2012 11:27
mgphotomedia
Photographer

As a general rule avoid anybody that offers a dvd/cd rammed full of images.

15 September 2012 11:45
Brian_Markie
Photographer

Lucie Jae according to some other peeps POV Tf should be non existant. Have a look at the other forum topic concerning TF shoots.

Kev W is off-lineSilver Member
15 September 2012 11:50
Follyhouse
Photographer
Follyhouse
Leicestershire
Hinckley

Quote from Brian_Markie
POV Tf should be non existant.

Quite

Kev W is off-lineSilver Member
15 September 2012 11:55
Follyhouse
Photographer
Follyhouse
Leicestershire
Hinckley

Quote from lucie_jae
Hiya! I was just wondering... Obviously everyone is different, but what do YOU expect from a TFP shoot? Do you like to have a CD of all unedits + a few edits, if so, how many? When do you expect the edits? How long do you usually shoot? Who covers travel.... Random query Xx

As you say, everyone is different; it's something to be discussed/negotiated/agreed with each photographer prior to a shoot.  Only then can you really judge if a time trade arrangement is likely to be beneficial for you. 

Lucie-Jae is off-line
15 September 2012 12:01
lucie_jae
Model
lucie_jae
Surrey
Kingston

I was just wondering what models/togs prefer personally. Just to see if I'm on the right guidelines
Don't think there's a right or wrong answer x

Lucie-Jae is off-line
15 September 2012 12:02
lucie_jae
Model
lucie_jae
Surrey
Kingston

POV?? - not come across that term before? (Maybe I have just not abbreviated lol)

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
15 September 2012 12:13
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Quote from mgphotomedia
As a general rule avoid anybody that offers a dvd/cd rammed full of images.

Why?

When i do a shoot i will give the model a DVD with 3 files.
File 1 will include ALL the photos - unedited. Then she/her can do what they please or learn from some of their poses and find what works and what doesnt.
File 2 will include a selection of edited photos of mine and the models choice. This can be anything between 10 and 30.
File 3 will be all the edited ones but at a reduced size for web (saving the model time).

Why should someone avoid me? er, apart from the sarcastic comments someone will now make

POV = Point Of View.

TarMoo is off-line
15 September 2012 12:18
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Images - How Many

Posting CDs is a pain, so getting the photos by downloading them from a gallery is a lot quicker, cheaper and more convenient. Most experienced photographers shoot in RAW mode and then convert the images to JPEGs during the editing process. It can take 30 minutes or more to edit a photo properly, so asking for lots of images means that the photographer to spend a huge amount of time editing photos. A reasonable number of edited images is four per hour of the shoot - e.g. 12 for a three hour shoot. Any photographer who offers a CD full of all the images (JPegs) on a TF shoot should be avoided. One great edited shot is worth more than 100 poor unedited ones.

Many photographers will select candidates for edits and put these up in an online gallery for the model to select which of the photos they like, e.g. the model might be asked to select 12 photos from a set of 20.

Expenses

The most common scenario is that the photographer covers the cost of hiring a studio and both model and photographer are responsible for their own travel cost. In some cases the photographer may give the model something to cover travel. I usually give a model £20 to £30 to travel travel, and so far non have failed to turn up. A lot of models for TF no show because they realise they have not got the funds at the last minute to travel to the shoot.

Time to Receive Images

You might expect to get a couple of shots within a couple of days and the rest within 2 weeks. It is best to fix a timescale before the shoot is arranged e.g. three hour shoot, 12 edited images within 2 weeks. If you don't see your images within a month, you are unlikely to ever see them. Don't leave feedback for a photographer until you have received the images and tell the photographer that if they do not keep their part of the bargain they will get a negative feedback.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Brightonblonde miles
bbphotos bradder cygnet david1500 dorrian eosfan Fatsammy mareeoosh nik300 plaatjesmaker ranesh redbaron rscott360 seductiveangels tms Willjamieson