Reminder Secure

Messages received that are negative .....

beauvoir is off-line
23 September 2012 03:25
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Part and parcel, as some girls have said.

I've had some disgusting messages off of photographers - some sleazy, some abusive, and some just rude. I blacklist them, then slag them off to anyone that'll listen.

x

23 September 2012 07:11
MattButlerPhoto
Photographer

ok im going to say it..

you do look 43.

big deal. deal with it or move on. it requires a thick skin to be even alive these days and an even thicker one to model.

23 September 2012 07:24
Webbo2
Photographer

Quote from cathyduck1969
At least I know where to come in future if I want to be ripped to shreds based on my age and looks!!

Do you honestly feel that you have been 'ripped to shreds' in ths thread? Or are you taking peoples opinions to heart and reacting on emotion?
EYUP!

23 September 2012 09:18
BaileyK
Model

Your a grown woman,
Get over it..However much you hate it your forum post won't change what happened,
In future don't apply to castings that don't apply to you.
If they want someone under 30 I assume they have a reason,

You say you are popular, if this is the case then don't worry and move on.
Your career now is based on being 'mature' act it and move on.. Don't put yourself down to the level you feel the photographer acted in.

Morgan Lee is off-line
23 September 2012 10:23
Morgan_L
Photographer
Morgan_L
Hampshire
Havant

Quote from cathyduck1969
'WOW' there are some delightful editions to this forum post which I headed up messages that are 'negative, rude, nasty & unprofessional' ! At least I know where to come in future if I want to be ripped to shreds based on my age and looks!!

I've read all 5 pages of this thread, I laughed, I cringed a little, but I didn't see anyone rip you to shreds based on your age & looks. Not to slap you in the face with a hefty portion of the trueth but you are 42 and no matter how much younger you look you still can't apply for a casting that lets say wants 30yr or younger now that is not insulting your age that is just pointing it out.

If you don't like rude people stay off the internet its full of them.
Partially sighted, coloured blind, Light sensitive & short sighted Photographer, Howdy :).

Darren Brade is off-line
24 September 2012 01:59
darrenbrade
Photographer
darrenbrade
London
London

Wow, after reading all 5 pages, I agree with the general sentiment, rudeness and drama have no place here.
www.darrenbrade.com

24 September 2012 06:42
AbiHillModel
Model

Ignore the loser, and in future ignore castings with an age limit unless it specifically states potential flexibility if your look is right.
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

Emma_Willis is off-line
24 September 2012 08:07
emmawillis
Model
emmawillis
Blaenau Gwent
Ebbw Vale, Wales

When I opened this thread I expected there to be something absolutely awful said. Then I read it and thought "...really?"
I don't get what the big deal is. The photographer said something you didn't like, after looking at your profile I gotta say there are a couple in there where you do look older... But does that really matter? He has an opinion, he expressed it. That's what happens in all walks of life.

I can't see anyone on here ripping you to pieces, but I do understand that feeling you can get when you feel everyone is against you. It's really not the case here.

Moi is off-line
24 September 2012 13:13
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from vipimages
what about twins?sad

Not my sort of movie but apparently very popular 

But surely this isnt the Film Review Sectioncheeky
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Gemma Cullen is off-line
29 September 2012 08:26
Gemmacullen
Model
Gemmacullen
Hampshire
Portsmouth

No need for rudeness at all and I think you look great. I'm 32 yet often get told I look much younger and can pass for 23/24. If the photographer doesn't want to work with you move on. I have never applied for an age restricted casting so not sure what response I would get

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ashleighmckenzie Carliegomez24 kacie REDXXX RoxyMendez toxicinnocence
antoinewynn brunswickci davewilliams david1500 Dolayley flawless_photo gshocker30 gunnergraham gwentman humphries hylander iestyn jackw JohnDentonPhoto jonnywoo Jph1954 mike0048 nickdandalos orca_photography Pendragon140994 robertsonshug rscott360 Spiritofwales stevegosh Studio1 Thunder_Photos tonycsm