Reminder Secure

Dear Doctor Purestorm - Am I dehydrating ?

14 September 2012 07:54
mgphotomedia
Photographer

I just measured my mug and its capacity is 350ml. I've had 4 mugs of tea since I got up this morning, about another 350ml of milk on my bran flakes and 568ml of milk with my sandwich at lunchtime. So that's 2.3litres already today and I expect my further consumption before bedtime tonight will be similar, if not more.

Going to the pub will add around 1.5 litres - not that I do that very often these days.

Based on that I'd say an average day for me is at least four litres, probably nearer five.

On the subject of fruit and veg why is it that red stuff always tastes better than orange/yellow stuff and green stuff always tastes awful?

Suzy Monty is off-line
14 September 2012 08:04
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

I only drink Spring Water...but yes, it is very good to keep a model's skin clear.

Drink some with my meals every day.

And,

I always take a bottle or two on a shoot, especially when it's a hot day or a long walk to location.

Your brain will always tell you when you feel thirsty and thus dehydrated...

Drink too much water though and your stomach will explode...(or so a surgeon once told me).

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Suzy Monty is off-line
14 September 2012 08:19
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Quote from River
We've had a bumper crop of beetroot in our garden vegetable patch this year...so mine is currently pink

Beetroots must take a lot of boiling down in the pan...

I love beetroot juice and drink half a glass every day - suppose to give you extra energy and lower blood pressure but drink too much and yep, your pee is pink...

Also love green tea...but  it doesn't make my pee green...
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

14 September 2012 14:19
laurenlangley
Model

I have beet juice most days too.fantastic at cleansing toxins from the liver.I drink around 3 litres a day of filtered water,diluted fruit and veg juices, and allowing for my foods which are often high in water (like watermelon,cucumber,soups)and black, green,white and herbal teas, its probably more like 4 litres over the day.I always have to get up in the night to pee, that's the only downside, upside is I never get blemishes.x
I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your´╗┐ Internet-assembled philosophy

beauvoir is off-line
15 October 2012 16:20
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

I drink 3/4. I carry a little jug around with me.

15 October 2012 20:18
alshepherd
Model

I drink loads during the day, caffeinated drinks don't count as they can dehydrate you if you are just drinking them, so tea, coffee is uselessss lol. x x
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

ohs is off-lineSilver Member
22 October 2012 06:53
sculpture
Model
sculpture
London

Few mentions of beetroot juice ... magic stuff. It enhances circulation by helping to create Nitric Oxide, so it's great for your heart, muscle and brain function. It's also ideal a couple of hours before vigourous exercise.

Coconut water is awesome for rehydration. If you add flavorants to water that's ok but water alone is great for cleansing, hydrating, enhancing metabolism, and suppressing appetite.

beauvoir is off-line
22 October 2012 08:40
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Quote from mgphotomedia
I just measured my mug and its capacity is 350ml. I've had 4 mugs of tea since I got up this morning, about another 350ml of milk on my bran flakes and 568ml of milk with my sandwich at lunchtime. So that's 2.3litres already today and I expect my further consumption before bedtime tonight will be similar, if not more.

Going to the pub will add around 1.5 litres - not that I do that very often these days.

Based on that I'd say an average day for me is at least four litres, probably nearer five.

On the subject of fruit and veg why is it that red stuff always tastes better than orange/yellow stuff and green stuff always tastes awful?

Caffinated and alcoholic drinks don't count. They dehydrate the body further. Milk doesn't count either.

lp photografix is off-line
22 October 2012 15:39
lpphotografix
Photographer

Derbyshire
Ripley

Caffeinated drinks (coffee/tea/coke/red bull....) can "dehydrate" you. However the caffeine is actually a bladder irritant, and thus makes you want to urinate. Those of us who regularly drink too much caffeine become accustomed to the caffeine, in which case the "dehydrating" effect does not occur.

22 October 2012 16:22
mgphotomedia
Photographer

Quote from beauvoir
Caffinated and alcoholic drinks don't count. They dehydrate the body further. Milk doesn't count either.

Since the only time I drink plain water is to wash down a couple of paracetemol (ie once in a blue moon) I must be living proof that your theory is WRONG. I think you've been brainwashed into believing something that just isn't true. Sometimes you just have to apply a little common sense...

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
A24udis alishaa angeleyes777 DanielleWxx pollyannahale Twinkletoes1107 VictoriaClaire
azurphotos Bristoltalent BryanR flipcourt FreelanceBadger Jamesrichards johntisbury Juliankruse LGI ownimage parafotos paulq photostevo psn Ramires77 rscott360 Rupert skymouse TonyNutley Willjamieson
harbourstudio