Published in Naughty Neighbors magazine U.S

Miss Distania is off-line
13 September 2012 03:20
maxina
Model
maxina
London
london

Very pleased to say i have finally been published in Naughty Neighbors U.S magazine after being rejected by the uk mags,i was thinking of quitting modeling as there is not much work around hence why i have not renewed my gold acount :-(

Tiina  is off-line
13 September 2012 04:20
tiinak
Model
tiinak
California
San Diego

Well done and don't give up x
"live your dream, don't dream your life" x

13 September 2012 04:35
maxina
Model
maxina
London
london

Quote from tiinak
Well done and don't give up x

Thanks, i won't ive just renewed my membership,i think its a bit dry for everyone

Hobbeldehoy is off-line
13 September 2012 04:46
Hobbeldehoy
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
Hobbeldehoy
Dumfries and Galloway
Dumfries

I don't think it's anything to do with you. UK mags are barely surviving so they're only buying stuff from picture agents and the select few photographers they choose to work with. They're even re-publishing old picture sets from yesteryear. The internet has just about killed print media.

13 September 2012 05:25
maxina
Model
maxina
London
london

Quote from Hobbeldehoy
I don't think it's anything to do with you. UK mags are barely surviving so they're only buying stuff from picture agents and the select few photographers they choose to work with. They're even re-publishing old picture sets from yesteryear. The internet has just about killed print media.

I agree,at least i can get work in Portugal and the US can't complain,but it would be nice to get some more non adult work too.

Frank Sinnott is off-line
13 September 2012 06:59
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

If you can't get published then the situation is indeed critical. Well done wishing you greater success even if it is abroad.

13 September 2012 07:12
kavare51
Model

Congratulations on getting published, it's a shame UK Mags can't see the potential of shooting people like ourselves. I know UK Mags are struggling but surely putting up repeats is not the way to attract fresh readers!
Fresh readers want fresh material

HowardJ is off-line
13 September 2012 07:33
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Well done. Keep your chin up.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
13 September 2012 07:44
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Nice one.

I seriously think networking on these sites would help more though (and not just tweeting about having chicken curry for dinner ), perhaps even a Facebook page or blog could help.

Somebody had a dig of sorts at Twitter this morning on another site and my reply to that was as follows (and could apply to any social networking site):

For most people in this industry the aim isn't to get work directly as such, it's more to keep your name in the public eye and let people know you're still around.

Take Coca Cola for instance, arguably the biggest soft drinks manufacturer in the world. Their product sells well and everyone knows it but they still have a monstrous marketing budget to keep their product at the forefront - Twitter can work pretty much the same way (albeit on a smaller scale).

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

13 September 2012 09:53
maxina
Model
maxina
London
london

Quote from RedChecker
Nice one.

I seriously think networking on these sites would help more though (and not just tweeting about having chicken curry for dinner ), perhaps even a Facebook page or blog could help.

Somebody had a dig of sorts at Twitter this morning on another site and my reply to that was as follows (and could apply to any social networking site):

For most people in this industry the aim isn't to get work directly as such, it's more to keep your name in the public eye and let people know you're still around.

Take Coca Cola for instance, arguably the biggest soft drinks manufacturer in the world. Their product sells well and everyone knows it but they still have a monstrous marketing budget to keep their product at the forefront - Twitter can work pretty much the same way (albeit on a smaller scale).

I agree about getting yourself out there,i had aTwitter acount and i contacted lots of people but i did not find it helpful,and with facebook you end up getting pervs and trolls ive tried that before ,but i do think the UK market is a little backwards towards diversity lol.

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bergstrom photostevo Pictureimage Steveh32