Jesfish is off-line
12 September 2012 14:13
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from Keltica
Sorry but you aint toned, and you aint fit.

How do you know how fit she is?!!  For all you know she could run 10 miles a day!

I'm not toned but I'm fit...I run, I go boxing and I ride horses plus do all the hard work that goes with them.  When I decided to start doing serious working out several years ago, within a matter of weeks I could see the difference and it was because I was already quite fit so it didn't take me so long.  If she wanted to be a fitness model, with the right regime I don't see why she coudln't make it!   Hell, with time and practice, you could make a good photographer!  

13 September 2012 08:01
AbiHillModel
Model

Quote from Keltica
Sorry but you aint toned, and you aint fit.

Keltica may have been harsh, but the point still stands.

OP, you really need to hit the gym and HARD. Being slim does not equal being fit, nor does it automatically make you toned. Get a personal trainer who can set you achievable goals with your body - you will probably need a TOTAL lifestyle overhaul...a friend of mine takes his own pre-prepared fresh meals to social events, goes to the gym when most normal people are asleep or partying and is generally insanely committed to getting results.
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

si-mo is off-lineSilver Member
13 September 2012 08:33
si_mo
Photographer
si_mo
Switzerland

My advice would be to find some photos of the sort of fitness models you are aiming at. Take the photos to a decent personal fitness trainer and ask them what you would need to do to achieve the same body shape (and how long it would take). Then decide if the benefits outweigh the cost/effort.

Gerry is off-line
13 September 2012 13:20
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

I am not sure what the OP is thinking of some or all of the advice so far and didnt specify what sort of fitness modelling she was interested in - she just wanted to know what she should consider.

Well appearing fit and toned is one requirement. Fitness modelling can be anything from looking pretty in a tracksuit at an event to modelling extreme sports and gymnastics.

Some of the advice is uneducated - I wouldnt mind betting from your shape you are mesomorphic which if you are, means you already have muscle and it would not be massively difficult to bring it out. But none of us can tell from your port but you did not ask for that assessment anyway.

You do need to decide what you would like to do, and get some advice [not from this site] on what sort of training routine would help - you may find that aerobic training is just as important as using weights.

You also need to develop the posing skills to show confidence and fitness.

The worst thing you can do is just hit the gym. It may not be necessary and there are models who do that and they may have muscle, but they do not look like fitness models.

The model I showed you on the first page does not spend hours and hours in the gym. She doesnt need to. SHe has the right body type, and puts regular effort in and is a skilled gymnast. SHe can lift her whole body off the floor and hold a pose which virtually no other model on PS can do, yet she does not spend her whole life training.

My actual advice would be go and find someone who knows what they are talking about.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

14 September 2012 12:25
RoxiMonique
Model

Thanks guys for all your advice,, I dont hit the gym at all. i do alot of street dancing in my spare time. i think what i need to do is tone up a bit more xxx

14 September 2012 14:13
laurenlangley
Model

you have a great body.It would not take much more than a good training regime and a clean diet (cutting out all junk food,upping proteins,reducing fat)etc.to see a real difference because you are already slim xxgood luck x
I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your´╗┐ Internet-assembled philosophy

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
caz0054 hayleyrooney pinklilly Tashaholz
bazza53 dorrian jayfish jccj1 Jobbo51 keltica Ladiesman mauricesimagery mikeA mlp MrDL nik300 ownimage RealityImaging Spiritofwales steveh32 tms Vinceb Willy_O