Reminder Secure

PERFECT foundation

This thread is being watched by 2 people
20 September 2012 13:53
DeeElegia
Model

I use Max Factor and Illamasqua.
Lasts ages and you can decide how thick or light you want to apply it.
You've seen me put my make-up on and how ropey I look without it!
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

20 September 2012 16:36
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

I've swapped all my makeup and toiletries for cruelty free stuff. I didn't want to buy online and couldn't be bothered to travel all the way to Birmingham to Selfridges or whatever.

I'm using good old Marks & Spencer... I have to combine 2 shades because I'm between the ivory and the sand colours but I'm happy with the results for a very reasonable price. frown (also got powder, bronzer, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner pen - the only one I'm not keen on- and mascara.)

Hazel Stephens is off-line
21 September 2012 05:55
HazelStephens
Model
HazelStephens
Somerset
Bath

I was recently in Boots and tried the LO'real True Match foundation whereby they test your skin pigmentation with a small machine, and I must admit, I was very impressed. They have ranges from matt to lighter bases and cost £8 +.

Fizzy is off-line
21 September 2012 06:25
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

I have an absolutely terrible time getting foundations to match because I'm so pale but I've been using Illamsqua's second palest shade and it's a perfect match, unfortunately it's not that suited to dry skin, so I use Garnier BB cream as a base and the Illamasqua stuff as a concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes. It seems to work quite well.
Art nude model - £35ph

beauvoir is off-line
21 September 2012 06:51
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

I bought some from Benefit

What's BB cream?

beauvoir is off-line
21 September 2012 06:51
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Oh wait, I have google.

Is it good?

Fizzy is off-line
21 September 2012 07:24
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

It's really good, sort of like a better version of tinted moisturiser, provides more coverage and actually reduces the appearance of blemishes and appearance of your natural skin over time as well. It feels really nice as well, usually foundation irritates my skin ebcause it's so dry and sensitive but this stuff doesn't.
Art nude model - £35ph

24 September 2012 12:19
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

Quote from fizzy
I have an absolutely terrible time getting foundations to match because I'm so pale but I've been using Illamsqua's second palest shade and it's a perfect match, unfortunately it's not that suited to dry skin, so I use Garnier BB cream as a base and the Illamasqua stuff as a concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes. It seems to work quite well.

I will try Ilamasqua one day when I can get to a store to try it, I have trouble matching shades too. So I don't want to order online until I know what I need.  

alexkidd is off-line
24 September 2012 12:21
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

i have no idea if it's the right product or whatever but i know a few people who rate the vichy stuff quite highly, they've got sensitive skin and such and rarely look like it's been plastered on
www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

24 September 2012 12:22
DeeElegia
Model

Illamasqua is awesome for pale shades! They actually go as pale as goth white, which is like tippex in colour. Usually the palest shade is nowhere near white enough, so I was surprised that I had to buy something that wasn't the palest in the range for once.
I mix mine with a slightly darker shade by Max Factor, because the consistency of the Illamasqua foundation is a bit too sheer for my skin.
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Brightonblonde miles
bradder cityclikr cygnet dave2008 david1500 dorrian Fatsammy lukaszmarcinkowski mareeoosh modelboutique nik300 ranesh rscott360 seductiveangels Willjamieson