Stretch Marks - Solutions and Problems in Modelling

Penelope Davis is off-line
07 September 2012 14:04
penelopedavis
Photographer
penelopedavis
Hampshire
Titchfield

(I know I'm on a photographer account, but I work very occasionally as a model)

Basically I have some quite bad stretch marks on my boobs/thighs/bum which have always bothered me. They bother me less now as they've faded a little (and that my boyfriend doesn't care about them at all), but I'd prefer them to fade more...

I've tried Palmer's stretch mark lotion stuff, but it isn't helping anymore :\ anyone have any advice?

Also, topless/nude/glamour/etc modelling... I guess stretch marks aren't approved of? What do you think?

alexkidd is off-line
07 September 2012 16:43
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

bio oil is apparently good, i suppose it depends how much post work a photographer wants to do on the marks and how bad they are as to whether it's an issue
www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

08 September 2012 06:37
alshepherd
Model

coconut butter apparently works, I have them on my hips and back of my knees. x
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

Steve Guy is off-line
08 September 2012 07:13
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

The term 'bad' in relation to stretch marks is often a matter of perception, the owner being far more critical than the observer. Most can be worked around on nude photography, so the answer is, it depends.

28 October 2012 20:08
mel_watson
Model

Bio oil is rubbish don't waste your money on any of the so called miracle workers, trust me having two kids one of them being 3 weeks old I know...
I started getting them around 4 month ago when I was pregnant I tried everything I spent hundreds.... Believing they would work... They don't!!!

I gave up... I started using sea salts rubbing it on my stretch marks and only using Palmolive soap... Stretch marks... Where?!!! There gone...
Honestly try it

Lucie-Jae is off-line
29 October 2012 00:22
lucie_jae
Model
lucie_jae
Surrey
Kingston

Bio oil is crap & it stinks. I agree with Mel, none of these 'amazing miracle creams' work, they won't stop your getting or get rid of stretch marks. I was very lucky through my pregnancy & only got very faint ones on my tummy (u can hardly see them unless I point them out) & that was after using nothing all the way through.
I don't have any miracles for you to try but photoshop is there to help! Just be sure to mention it pre shoot.
Don't worr too much over it!

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Sarah75
fineartbysimon Thestarglider Willjamieson