Stretch Marks - Solutions and Problems in Modelling

Penelope Davis is off-line
07 September 2012 14:04
penelopedavis
Photographer
penelopedavis
Hampshire
Titchfield

(I know I'm on a photographer account, but I work very occasionally as a model)

Basically I have some quite bad stretch marks on my boobs/thighs/bum which have always bothered me. They bother me less now as they've faded a little (and that my boyfriend doesn't care about them at all), but I'd prefer them to fade more...

I've tried Palmer's stretch mark lotion stuff, but it isn't helping anymore :\ anyone have any advice?

Also, topless/nude/glamour/etc modelling... I guess stretch marks aren't approved of? What do you think?

alexkidd is off-line
07 September 2012 16:43
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

bio oil is apparently good, i suppose it depends how much post work a photographer wants to do on the marks and how bad they are as to whether it's an issue
www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

08 September 2012 06:37
alshepherd
Model

coconut butter apparently works, I have them on my hips and back of my knees. x
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

Steve Guy is off-line
08 September 2012 07:13
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

The term 'bad' in relation to stretch marks is often a matter of perception, the owner being far more critical than the observer. Most can be worked around on nude photography, so the answer is, it depends.

28 October 2012 20:08
mel_watson
Model

Bio oil is rubbish don't waste your money on any of the so called miracle workers, trust me having two kids one of them being 3 weeks old I know...
I started getting them around 4 month ago when I was pregnant I tried everything I spent hundreds.... Believing they would work... They don't!!!

I gave up... I started using sea salts rubbing it on my stretch marks and only using Palmolive soap... Stretch marks... Where?!!! There gone...
Honestly try it

Lucie-Jae is off-line
29 October 2012 00:22
lucie_jae
Model
lucie_jae
Surrey
Kingston

Bio oil is crap & it stinks. I agree with Mel, none of these 'amazing miracle creams' work, they won't stop your getting or get rid of stretch marks. I was very lucky through my pregnancy & only got very faint ones on my tummy (u can hardly see them unless I point them out) & that was after using nothing all the way through.
I don't have any miracles for you to try but photoshop is there to help! Just be sure to mention it pre shoot.
Don't worr too much over it!

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale emmac89
aprilscherz3 ChrisD clarmike djb1 eosfan geronimo gperl johnr lify MIB mlp oscar pierre plld Steveh32 Thunder_Photos TinDolls violins