Coloured contact lenses

Elise is off-lineSilver Member
06 September 2012 00:19
_Elise_
Model
_Elise_
London
barnet

hiya, does anyone use them? i just brought some and i'm wondering how they would appear in photoshoots

toast is off-line
06 September 2012 02:58
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

I wear contacts but not colored ones. I saw go for it and try a shoot but maybe avoid extreme close ups where you'll see the ring around your pupils caused by the edge of the contacts

jaejay is off-lineSilver Member
06 September 2012 07:19
jaejay
Photographer
jaejay
West Midlands
Birmingham

One thing about contact lenses DO NOT share them with other people.

06 September 2012 08:55
laurenlangley
Model

I use them because my eyes which are a dull greyish bluey greeny mix appear black in photos as I have deep set eyes.I use prescription (although you can also get plano or non prescription lenses in the same range) from the Colourblends collection from www.contactlenses.co.uk they are fantastic.They also accept paypal.

I have gemstone green,brilliant blue,and occasionally wear their sterling grey, and sometimes their aqua, depending on my make-up.For instance shades of purple really work wonders with green eyes.They are opaque lenses, meaning they will change your colour even if your eyes are dark.Hazel eyes would look wonderful with their Honey colour, which lightens the eye to a light amber(very twilight!),or alternatively green may suit your colouring, I have not had a problem even in head shots, rather i'm always asked about the beautiful colour of my eyes.

For me the Aqua is very natural but still noticeable.Always disinfect and store correctly after use and I use the ones that last a month.The violet ones sadly produced no colour change for me but noone really has true violet eyes anyway.
If you don't need a prescription(for short or long sight) there are many more colours to choose from.I know some very famous models who don't admit to wearing coloured lenses, but they always do wear them!
I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your Internet-assembled philosophy

andyh is off-line
06 September 2012 15:11
andy_h
Photographer
andy_h
Lancashire
Lancaster

I wear contacts, last time I ordered some I bought some extra blue prescription ones for a laugh. They were pretty cool, very noticeable difference in the colour of my eyes. Not sure how they'd work on brown eyes though. I really wanted to try the cats eye ones but it's just not cool, for me anyway. Gotta know your limits!
www.andyh.info/blog.php

06 September 2012 15:30
laurenlangley
Model

yeah there is a shade called true sapphire which is so bright its only really suitable for nightime!i have tried crazy lenses as well but for shoots obviously stick to more subtle tones hehe x

Pluckphotography is off-lineSilver Member
06 September 2012 16:36
Pluckphotography
Photographer
Pluckphotography
Essex
Chelmsford

Make sure you get them lined up perfectly. I did a shoot once where the model put in coloured contacts half way through. She looked slightly cross-eyed in those ones. It was a subtle thing, but its now the first thing I notice when I see those pics.
I coulda had class...

06 September 2012 16:58
laurenlangley
Model

yes, agreed, my lenses are undetectable as i'm very good at putting them in.I had a boyfriend of two years who gazed into my 'stunning green eyes' every day close up and didn't realise so I didn't tell him as it became more of an issue lol...my own eye colour is nothing special but being so bland it blends very well with lenses.Also the Colourblends range is very good because it only allows room for the pupil and doesnt move around.So very close to undetectable but not all brands are.x

Miss Pinks is off-line
06 September 2012 17:58
MissPhilippa
Model
MissPhilippa
Warwickshire
Leamington Spa but travel ALOT

I used to wear Green ones years ago but longer can find the store as I moved where do you buy them can you buy them online?

06 September 2012 18:04
laurenlangley
Model

Quote from MissPhilippa
I used to wear Green ones years ago but longer can find the store as I moved where do you buy them can you buy them online?

www.contactlenses.co.uk

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
MissCaraJane RoxyMendez
3rd_Angle andygstudios anthonyh bbphotos Belemboo Clickrshots cliffc davejohn davkit djb1 Funder005 JRFox Ladiesman Matt1988 mlp nemesis Platidonio Pmeswani poah redbaron rscott360 RupertRudd simpson_shoots sinimiphotography skymouse Tarmoo Thelfcdude888 thestarglider xposed zzdigital
Matt