This thread is being watched by 1 person
zoepinknose  is off-lineSilver Member
05 September 2012 17:02
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

So I plan on getting my half sleeve made into a full sleeve on Monday... I feel that as i already have the half there's no harm in getting it continued down my arm?

Do you think this will be detrimental to my career or could I get more work due to it?
Never a dull moment

zoepinknose  is off-lineSilver Member
05 September 2012 17:08
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

I am talking about tattoos ... I case anyone wondered! Haha
Never a dull moment

05 September 2012 17:15
comemodelling
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Its All Good Babe !!

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
05 September 2012 17:16
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Difficult one to answer.
I personally dislike tatoos and it would therefore put me off slightly.
But some people really like them and may be more likely to want to work with you.

Some doors will close and some will open.

I dont have anything against them as such (my sister has several), but dont see the novalty/attraction in them personally. They look ok when first done but look a mess as they fade to mucky green/blue. They may look great now, but as tastes change they may look outdated and laughable in a couple of years time.

I think models without tatoos will always get more work from a wider audience, where tatood models are more niche. I dont base this theory on any evidence, only my personal views and opinions.

05 September 2012 17:22
BicycleRacer
Photographer

Put me on your list to work with please Zoe

Matt Harper is off-line
05 September 2012 17:43
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

I really don't know, it has never been on my list of things to shoot. Until yesterday that was, I shot Miss Tonnii, on here, who has a considerable amount of tattoos.
It was my first shoot with someone who one might call a tattooed model and I wasn't sure how to approach it. Whatever anyone else thinks of the images, several at the top of my portfolio, I am pretty pleased with them and it has driven me to now look at more tattooed models, in fact, one has already contacted me after seeing them.

No doubt, it is more of a niche than mainstream glamour etc, but with the trend of young women getting "plastered" in them, I guess more and more photographers will become more accepting of them and they will become a mainstream genre rather than a niche.

My biggest concern is not now, it is when some girls become 40 year old chubbas and what they will look like on the beach. Living in Paignton, I see some rare sights, you know, the ones you can't unsee Not that I could ever see you like that. Christ, digging a hole now, I'm off!

05 September 2012 17:46
CJI01
Photographer

I love tats.
After a recent chat with a predominate Men's mag pic editor.
The publications seem to hate them.
www.cjimages.co.uk

Kev W is off-lineSilver Member
05 September 2012 18:08
Follyhouse
Photographer
Follyhouse
Leicestershire
Hinckley

Liking this lots.

05 September 2012 18:17
kimmy99
Model

Quote from mattharper
I really don't know, it has never been on my list of things to shoot. Until yesterday that was, I shot Miss Tonnii, on here, who has a considerable amount of tattoos.
It was my first shoot with someone who one might call a tattooed model and I wasn't sure how to approach it. Whatever anyone else thinks of the images, several at the top of my portfolio, I am pretty pleased with them and it has driven me to now look at more tattooed models, in fact, one has already contacted me after seeing them.

No doubt, it is more of a niche than mainstream glamour etc, but with the trend of young women getting "plastered" in them, I guess more and more photographers will become more accepting of them and they will become a mainstream genre rather than a niche.

My biggest concern is not now, it is when some girls become 40 year old chubbas and what they will look like on the beach. Living in Paignton, I see some rare sights, you know, the ones you can't unsee Not that I could ever see you like that. Christ, digging a hole now, I'm off!

. Remind me not to go down to Devon next year when I become a 40 year old chuba . I love your new images by the way.

Kev W is off-lineSilver Member
05 September 2012 18:23
Follyhouse
Photographer
Follyhouse
Leicestershire
Hinckley

Quote from zoepinknose
So I plan on getting my half sleeve made into a full sleeve on Monday... I feel that as i already have the half there's no harm in getting it continued down my arm? Do you think this will be detrimental to my career or could I get more work due to it?

I don't think the difference between a half and full sleeve would make too much difference to potential photographers - at least those shooting without a view to publication.  Depends on how relevant publication is to your career and whether you're aiming for versatility or targetting a specfic market.    

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa chosin DanielleWxx Mizbounci natalie120525 Sophiadelane
bob chriscooze claypaws Dandelion david1500 dorrian Essexjohn frankpht gazzer59 Glam2k Kjoservices mike0048 nemesis sandycamel
matt