Jodie Ellen is off-lineSilver Member
05 September 2012 14:39
JodieEllen
Model
JodieEllen
Kent

So.... Let's be fair there is a lot of tf work around ATM,
and don't get me wrong, With the right person this can be great ,
but is it me orrrrr is most of the paid assignments for models now .,.
Mostly adult ... Am I missing something here?? Something good by the sounds of it lol!!!

This is just a generally post, I'm not bitching just making conversation... So no heated discussions please

Gerry is online
05 September 2012 14:50
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

I think saying there is a lot of TF around is irrelevant to your question as one assumes people are shooting it because it is of benefit, otherwise why do it, its not going to buy the weekly groceries.

There is very little paid work for non adult levels is true though.

Photographers are paying for a reason - either because that is the only way to get the shoot or because they have something specific in mind and need a model to fit that or because they want to book someone who will model for them rather than want to collaborate.

People of all abilities are paying for models, just not many of them. The ones who are reasonably proficient dont need to compromise - they can find models easily who fit their criteria
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

TarMoo is off-line
05 September 2012 14:52
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

I had a casting up last week for a studio shoot at Riverside Studio Maidstone - no levels specified, no age specified. I ended up shooting a fashion model.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

HowardJ is off-line
05 September 2012 14:55
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I think there's still paid topless work around, but you're right there's a lot of people looking to shoot TF. It could be the economy or an influx of new photographers looking to build their portfolios.

05 September 2012 14:56
barone
Photographer

Quote from tarmoo
I had a casting up last week for a studio shoot at Riverside Studio Maidstone - no levels specified, no age specified. I ended up shooting a fashion model.

You make that sound disappointing.
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

05 September 2012 15:04
JodieEllen
Model
JodieEllen
Kent

Quote from HowardJ
I think there's still paid topless work around, but you're right there's a lot of people looking to shoot TF. It could be the economy or an influx of new photographers looking to build their portfolios.

Your probably right lol

05 September 2012 15:06
JodieEllen
Model
JodieEllen
Kent

Quote from Gerry99111
I think saying there is a lot of TF around is irrelevant to your question as one assumes people are shooting it because it is of benefit, otherwise why do it, its not going to buy the weekly groceries.

There is very little paid work for non adult levels is true though.

Photographers are paying for a reason - either because that is the only way to get the shoot or because they have something specific in mind and need a model to fit that or because they want to book someone who will model for them rather than want to collaborate.

People of all abilities are paying for models, just not many of them. The ones who are reasonably proficient dont need to compromise - they can find models easily who fit their criteria

Like I said tf isn't a bad thing as long a it's with the right person .. Meaning beneficial to all parties

" Hibby " is off-line
05 September 2012 15:20
BrazenDivas
Photographer
BrazenDivas
Highland
Inverness

I see you have a casting up at the moment offering a pretty good rate working to nude - I hope its proving worthwhile.
"A technically perfect photograph can be the worlds most boring picture" Andreas Feininger

05 September 2012 15:31
JodieEllen
Model
JodieEllen
Kent

Wonderfully thankyou

05 September 2012 15:46
mgphotomedia
Photographer

The amateur modelling market used to be predominately financed by middle-aged photographers with plenty of spare cash willing to throw money at every girl willing to show some flesh. That money kept the whole place afloat and even ensured there was a reasonable turnover of new faces for the pro adult shooters that operate here. That money has now all but disappeared leaving mainly enthusiast photographers and models who are quite happy to work together without the need for cash to change hands.

There is a small market for regular nude modelling where the models' rates are sufficiently low that the enthusiast photographer will consider them an attractive alternative to what might be regarded as comparatively onerous TF arrangements.

Otherwise that leaves adult/fetish/erotic - but even that's a fast disappearing market due to lack of money but also due to a lack of decent models willing to model at those levels.

Amateur modelling is pretty much dead in the water so far as being paid is concerned. There are a handful of popular models who, between them, pick up most of the paid work that is left. If you're not known/popular/good then it's pretty difficult getting decent amounts of paid work these days, even if you offer adult.

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Faye QueenDeeVa01
Camerawerks caretaker2012 ElegantCaptures gerry99111 James7799 LGI Matt1988 philippahh Puremoods Sp_digital Stevew1 studio1910 tms two_stops