Reminder Secure

Payment problems

12 September 2012 15:38
acme
Photographer

Quote from Hugh
Bigger the company, slower the payment.
A lot pay at the end of the month then add 2 or 3 days for it to show up in your account.
I wouldn't worry before Thursday morning.

I'm really pleased when I'm paid in 30 days.
Often it's 3 months.

Very true, I often have to wait 6 weeks or so.
Always put on your invoices 'to be paid within 30 days' Most of the time they ignore this but it gives you an excuse to contact them after this time to chase up your payment.

14 September 2012 13:54
andybramahphotograph
Photographer

I did three shoots for a very well known advertising agency in may and june and after numerous emails,phone calls and every payment avoiding tactic known to man they have just paid me the first two and told me i will have to wait till october for the third.
Pretty much normal nowadays.
i love faces and images that make me want to see more.

15 September 2012 06:33
AbiHillModel
Model

Also, in addition to dating (and putting the "to be paid within 30 days" somewhere on there too) your invoices, print them all off on the day you send them and file them in chronological order, then stamp/post-it/refile when paid with the date you received your money.

Sounds a faff but it makes me doing my tax return much much easier.
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

15 September 2012 07:58
andybramahphotograph
Photographer

I put payment within 30 days on all my invoices. Makes no difference at all to bigger clients they still take months to pay.
i love faces and images that make me want to see more.

Kevin Wilson is off-line
15 September 2012 08:26
kerandastudio2
Studio
kerandastudio2
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

If all else fails,I can recommend a very good legit' dept collector, is a retired barrister.Terms are 15% now win no fee.

PM me for details if required,hope you will not need but offer is there.

15 September 2012 14:57
AbiHillModel
Model

Quote from andybramahphotograph
I put payment within 30 days on all my invoices. Makes no difference at all to bigger clients they still take months to pay.

I pester the crap out of anyone who doesn't pay within 30 days. If a business didn't pay another business as specified on an invoice there'd be lawyers, small claims etc so why should models put up with it?

I've only ever had to pester once or twice, and the last time had a very legitimate reason (a senior member of the office staff had passed away very suddenly), so it took a while to get sorted but I just had to make do until then. They were perfectly reasonable about it.
http://www.wix.com/abihill/official

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Kimmikitsch wildchief
alanbassettphotography antoinewynn bbphotos bob Brownnwhite ChrisNewton couchestudio dorrian freddie James7799 keltica normant parafotos pcmphotography psn redbaron riddell stevegosh tms xposed